Senior Manager - Audit and Advisory - Real Estate Sector - London
Our client is thriving and expanding its share of the audit market both in the UK and globally. As a senior member of the real estate team you will act as audit lead on fully listed, AIM listed clients and large private international groups. You will be responsible for directing all assurance services delivered, managing people and supporting the partners with business development and practice management.
Opportunities within the firm abound and this role carries partnership prospects for the right individual
• Act as audit lead on fully listed, AIM listed clients and large private international groups. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) Managers. Overall responsibility for each assignment will be retained by the Partner.
• Responsible for leading and directing all aspects of audit services delivered.
• People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion. Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals. Act as a role model for Manager level and provide overall leadership to the manager team.
• Responsible for maximising profitability from a portfolio of clients. Responsible for monitoring this and working with the partner/RI to ensure maximised efficiency and timeliness of billing is maintained.
• Liaison with central departments on risk management, technical and other matters.
• Take part in wider practice management at local level.
• Support Partners in group sales and marketing activity, including playing a leading role in client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate.
• Contribute to development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity. This will include winning work by targeting new clients.
• Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business.
• Participate in Key Account Management.
• Develop specialist knowledge of a sector and/or technical area, and/or commercial area.
• Engage with clients more directly on technical and audit judgement decisions.
• ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent.
• Educated up to degree level or CTS.
• Previous Audit Manager level experience in practice most likely gained in the London market but strong candidates form overseas will be considered.
• Significant experience of delivering audit and other assurance services to major clients, including listed (full list and AIM) clients and clients with international interests.
• Excellent working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
• Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc. Able to demonstrate that you are a leader of teams.
• Business development experience- able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work.
• Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework..
• Able to demonstrate the development of an industry network.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Manager Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- External Audit Sr Manager Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Quality Assurance Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom