FP&A Manager - Connected Home
Centrica Connected Home (CCH) was established as a new Centrica global business in 2016 with the aim of creating a material new line of business in the Internet of Things (IoT) category for the group. CCH is the market leader in the IoT category in the UK and has a strategy to expand into North America and new global markets.
The Connected Home FP&A Manager works for the Senior Manager and as a team they are responsible for providing high quality performance analysis and insight on Connected Home's financial and underlying business performance. As such they have primary responsibility for preparing financial information packs and commentary for the Connected Home Monthly Business Review (MBR), input into the QPR packs as well as other management materials to support understanding of the Plan and Strategic Shape. The team will agree KPIs and value drivers and track performance, providing analysis on appropriate commercial or business issues. In addition, the team will need to work with the Connected Home FP and FC teams to coordinate inputs to Corporate Centre (e.g. investor relations, prelims, interims, etc.).
Alongside this the role plays a key part in making sure we get into the correct formation and we utilise the wider FP&A team correctly to deliver what the business needs. In the first instance, this role will need to cover the UK, North America and new territories as they come on-line (as the presence grows outside of the UK it is likely that the team will need to expand to include dedicated FP&A resource in NA and potentially elsewhere).
The role will be co-located in London and Windsor.
- Contribute to a strong and effective team delivering key financial forecasting, along with insightful performance reporting and analysis
- Actively contribute to the development of the team capabilities, through coaching, development, and learning experiences either for Direct Reports or via sharing knowledge and support of the wider FP&A team
- Proactively get to know the business area supported, enabling a credible platform to provide high quality insight and challenge
- Ensure excellent stakeholder engagement and expectation management across all deliverables
- Support Transformation activities through design and delivery of changes to forecasting/reporting methodologies, in order to drive greater understanding, efficiency and standardisation
- Co-ordinate the production of standard FP&A deliverables to the agreed format, timeline and quality. These will be supported by clear and focused messaging that supports the business area objectives
- Deliver an accurate, efficient and transparent forecast which meets finance and business stakeholder requirements
- Review, challenge and develop a detailed understanding of the key inputs into the forecast process
- Produce insightful reporting and supporting analysis to ensure the business understands variances to plan and any future risk / opportunity is quantified (incl. Flash, monthly and quarterly performance reporting, quarterly Group financial forecasts and the annual Plan)
- Work collaboratively with Finance Partners, FP&A BU teams and FC to align on key variances, core performance metrics and planning assumptions
- Responsible for engagement with relevant stakeholders across finance and the business
- Apply Centrica standards of Financial Control to FP&A processes to ensure key financial processes are structured to deliver accuracy and financial integrity.
- Be a qualified accountant
- Capable of managing multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment and working as part of a team to deliver to tight deadlines
- Motivated by continuous improvement and high quality output
- Able to lead through a period of change, working flexibly for the good of the business
- Excellent communicator with strong analytical skills and ability to translate complex financial analysis into commercial insight
- Expertise in developing and maintaining large models, and analysing data
- Develop an understanding of the business in order to translate operational drivers into accurate accounts and reports
- Ability to pro-actively develop positive and highly effective working relationships, engaging key senior stakeholders as necessary to achieve desired outcomes
- Strong strategic thinking - able to step away from the detail to see the bigger picture and help shape the future
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills to effectively challenge the business.
- Ability to recognise how data will translate to external communications and anticipate where results are deviating from external expectations.
Ready to join the Centrica team? Click the 'Apply' button today.
More searches like this
- Assurance Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Audit Consultant Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Business / Corporate Auditor Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Other Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Central)