Senior Internal auditor - Interim role
A newly created Internal Audit Department requires internal auditors to deliver the internal audit plan and support the Head of Internal Audit to establish the department within the business and to build relationships with key individuals.
The individual will be responsible for following and embedding the Internal Audit methodology in order to undertake internal audit and assurance activity that improves internal control and reduces risk exposure. In doing so, the role will require the production of high quality and value adding Internal Audit reports that inform senior management, add value, and promote credible controls improvement processes throughout the Group.
Duties and responsibilities:
Using professional knowledge gained from qualification and audit training to identify risk exposure and control weaknesses across the company, and promote process and control improvements that assist my client in achieving its strategic objectives whilst optimising the balance between risk, controls and cost.
Determining, through the performance of a risk-based audit programme, the adequacy and effectiveness of current and on-going controls consistent with management objectives..
Reviewing procedures, systems and records, and using audit knowledge and expertise to identify and recommend opportunities for process and control improvement.
With operations across the UK, the geographic base for the role requires flexibility. It is envisaged that the role will involve week day travel and overnight stays up to four nights a week.
* CCAB/IIA qualified or willing to work towards qualification.
Minimum two years internal audit experience.
Ability to communicate effectively, instill credibility and drive through process and control improvements with colleagues at all levels within the business.
* Sound technical knowledge of internal audit and its application in financial, commercial and operational environments.
* Ability to produce high quality, value adding and insightful reports.
* A self-motivated individual with influencing and negotiating skills.
* Ability to work well under pressure, sets high standards and is able to manage demanding issues, both individually and as part of a team.