Controls Senior Manager
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Manager to join our controls assurance team in London Top Tier.
London Top-Tier provides assurance and specialist advisory services to many of the UK's most successful non-financial sector corporates. This includes delivering the audits of FTSE 100 clients, with a number of these clients also US listed and subject to compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
As the largest of the UK Assurance business units we are at the forefront and the source of many of the global networks initiatives. This offers our people unrivalled opportunities to contribute to the shape of our future business.
Controls Assurance plays a key role in delivering a clearly differentiated PwC audit, as well as supporting consulting type assurance services to non-audit clients. Our people use their knowledge of business, finance, IT and emerging technology to identify risks and plan an efficient response to support governance teams within our clients. We are constantly striving to innovate and find new ways to address old problems, using robotics, data analytics and emerging technology through the use of “intelligent controls.”
Our people work seamlessly across the audit and non-audit landscape, using the skills and experiences from both to enhance our approach and hold meaningful conversations with our clients. As a bi-product of this work we help our clients optimise and strengthen their control environments, get the best value out of their technology investments and drive advances in the overall finance function. We are specialists where there are multiple IT dependencies, complex systems, shared service centre environments, the ability to extract and utilise data techniques for advanced levels of assurance or simply control frameworks that can be tested to provide better value to all four lines of defence. This is our heartland.
Engagement Delivery - leading financial controls projects and running large testing teams as part of SOX and non-SOX statutory audits. You'll also lead non-audit finance transformation and compliance implementation programs on a portfolio of clients across industries.
Project Management - leading and mentoring cross-functional delivery teams, driving talent development, owning engagement budgets, and managing senior stakeholders (internal, client and globally .
Client Relationships - own and strengthen key client relationships, identify new opportunities with existing clients, and develop new business networks.
Business Development - taking a pivotal role in driving the business unit growth objectives. This can include being a client account owner and/or developing and presenting proposal documents at client pitches.
Emerging Technology - engage in initiatives to drive emerging technology propositions. This may include building specialist teams, developing delivery tools, and promoting the use of emerging technology propositions internally and with clients.
As a credible candidate you'll have developed core skills in a wide range of disciplines including accounting/audit, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX compliance), application and support of information technology, risk evaluation and project governance.
Our people are expected to be capable of applying these core skills in a variety of business situations and industries and as a Senior Manager, you'll be expected to be able to manage multiple complex engagement/teams in scoping, delivering and quality assuring output.
- Experience in delivering assessment or implementation of control frameworks e.g. COSO, COBIT, SOX
- Extensive experience in controls risk assessment and review (IT and/or Business Processes in Audit or Advisory, and an understanding of current and emerging technology trends.
- Experience of leading and developing teams, managing budgets, strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities
- Experience of working closely with and reporting to senior client stakeholders
- Excellent client service skills - ability to build/ maintain client relationships, expand professional network and identify new opportunities.
- Experience in working with and managing virtual teams
- Experience in a professional services environment is highly desirable
- CISA/ ACA /ACCA qualification is desirable but not essential
- An understanding of how organisations are adapting to the impact of emerging or disruptive technology, particularly within the governance functions
- In addition to your technical skills, you'll have proven capabilities in developing relationships, building trust in new contacts and demonstrating that such trust is justified by delivering into the longer term.
LTT's Risk Assurance practice is home to specialists in all aspects of management and control. This ranges from Corporate Governance and the assessment of entity level risk to the design of business processes, IT systems, supporting IT infrastructure and the governance of projects. Our people specialising in Controls Assurance are charged with integrating these skills into our largest financial audits and consulting projects in addition to creating solutions directly for our clients. Our client environments are constantly changing as emerging technologies are introduced, adding new dimensions to our work.
The LTT Controls Assurance team is the global lead on many of our international assignments, giving our people exposure to teams across the PwC network. This gives members of the team the ability to share knowledge and develop in a very challenging and exciting environment.
We understand that applicants may not feel comfortable in applying for a role unless they fully meet the requirements as advertised. We want to encourage people to apply who may not fully meet the requirements but still have relevant skills and experience to fulfill the role.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Assurance Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- External Audit Sr Manager Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Internal Controls Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)