Associate - Senior Associate, Core Assurance
4 days left
From small businesses to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data — and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You will use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities.
You will help our clients meet their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters. In return, you can expect leading-class learning and development tailored to your unique interests and motivations. You will be given all the skills, knowledge and opportunities to progress and become ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you will do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for our clients. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you will be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you will become a credible advisor, influencing clients and engagement teams on resolutions that will impact entire industries.
Skills and attributes for success
- Leading fieldwork, managing performance, coaching and mentoring more junior team members and keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements
- Effectively managing Audit processes with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters, including revenue, financial instruments and income taxes
- Engaging clients and providing advice and professionalism throughout transactions, including identification of areas for improvement in clients’ business processes
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
- Expertise in accounting frameworks (IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A strong academic record, including a degree and progress towards/completion of a recognised accounting qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA)
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements
- Proven track record with developing and maintaining client relationships
Ideally, you will also have
- Expertise in accounting frameworks (IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters
What we look for
We are interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you will also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you are serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we are using the finance products, expertise and systems we have developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we will make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by Ernst & Young or by their external third party provider. Regarding this role, the minimum salary is AUD 70,500 (depending on location) including 9.5% superannuation for applicants hired into Australia.