Director – Mergers and Acquisitions - Bristol
Our client, a global advisory firm is seeking to recruit an M and A Director for its Bristol office . The role involves taking responsibility for providing leadership to the M&A team, managing a portfolio of key clients and deputising for Partners as required. This will include planning, monitoring, reviewing work of more junior members and taking responsibility for business development and marketing initiatives.
• Identify new project opportunities and meet revenue targets for Corporate Finance and the wider firm.
• Manage and deliver client project engagements and agreed outputs.
• Take a leadership, strategic direction and management role within the M&A team, and contribute to the same function for the M&A stream as a whole.
• Support Partners to develop the M&A team strategy and spearhead business development and marketing initiatives.
• Lead the development of existing and new service stream opportunities.
• Initiate and be pro-active in the development of existing and new service stream methodologies.
• Build and sustain excellent relationship with clients, both internal and external to the firm, establishing both a rapport and trust and assume real ownership of client relationships to ensure the firm has the confidence of the client.
• Be the first point of client contact.
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of firm products and deliver cross-selling opportunities
• Act as a representative of the firm and department at events.
• People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion. Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals.
• Review reports, information memoranda and documents using Word and PowerPoint
• Review financial models using Excel
• Have the ability to identify key targets for immediate M&A activity
• Thorough working knowledge of sell-side and buy-side corporate finance advisory activities
• Strong origination capability
• Strong transactional capability/ completed numerous deals in the last 5 years
• Previous management experience
• ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), and relevant work experience. .
• Good knowledge of MS Office, in particular Word and Excel.
• For those involved in plc activities, a thorough knowledge of relevant regulatory regimes.