Senior Internal Auditor
Senior Internal Auditor
Croydon or Sittingbourne
Permanent - full-time £41,896 per annum plus car allowance
Due to a recent internal promotion, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Internal Auditor to join the Optivo Internal Audit team.
Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, you’ll plan and complete a wide variety of reviews, from initial planning through to reporting; providing sound assurance on the risk and control environment. You must be able to analyse and interpret data, understand complex business processes and identify the full range of risks related to data processes, regulatory compliance, organisation, policy, and technology
You’ll critically assess business operations and structures and work with management to agree opportunities for service and control improvements and cost effective action plans.
You will help management to improve controls, driving up standards and delivering continuous improvement. Ideally, you will have an understanding of the major issues facing the social housing sector.
You will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Hold a CIA or PIIA qualification and working towards a full audit qualification (CMIIA)
- Have at least two year’s hands-on audit experience across financial, technical, regulated and complex business risks
- Strong data analytical skills and strong IT skills
- Is able to produce high quality, evidenced based records to support your audit work, which are in line with modern audit practice and professional audit standards
- Is able to write and present well-structured, balanced reports which support management in delivering their risk management and control improvement responsibilities
- Has excellent stakeholder skills and a high level of personal integrity and tenacity in the conduct of their work
- Flexible and adaptable and able manage their workload to meet deadlines - so you’ll need excellent planning and time management skills
- Provide day to day support to the team’s more junior auditor
Based in either our Croydon or Sittingbourne office you will complete regular travel to our offices throughout the business when completing audit projects
As well as this extremely rewarding job, you will also have 27 days annual leave, an extra day leave to celebrate your birthday, company pension, access to a health care cash plan and continued development and career opportunities throughout your employment with Optivo.
Enquiries - please contact Jide on 0208 726 8894
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.