Senior Internal Auditor - Life and Pensions
My client are a fast expending financial services corporation with interests across in insurance, Life and Pensions and Capital Markets.
Due to a planned expansion of the high performing internal audit team, we are seeking to appoint a Senior Internal Auditor to take responsibility for the Life and Pensions aspect of the business.
Reporting into the Chief Internal Auditor and Senior Internal Audit Manager, this is a high level internal audit delivery role with emphasis on stakeholder relationship management. The function pride themselves on their collaborative partnership with the business and so previous experience of this will be essential.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead and delivering internal audits with a focus on Life and Pensions. You will also be involved in a wide range of operational and financial internal audits across this spectrum.
- Provide independent, reliable and objective assurance to the Company on risk management, control and corporate governance issues.
- Report significant existing and emerging risk exposures and control.
- Support the Chief Auditor in providing summary reporting to the Audit Committee (and other Committees as required)
- Build and strengthen relationships at an operational level, providing guidance, challenge and corrective action, without preventing growth or commercial performance.
- Maintain strong stakeholder relationships, being prepared to deliver tough messages, whilst maintaining long term relationships.
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIA/CMIIA/CFA or equivalent and ideally a graduate
- Life and Pensions direct audit experience. Demonstrable experience of auditing across these sectors.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in auditing within UK/US regulated financial services. (Internal audit is preferable, however external audit and operational risk may also be considered.)
- Experience at stakeholder engagement - a proven track record for developing positive working relationships and influencing stakeholders at all levels, including at the most senior level.
This is a high achieving organisation and they consistently attract and secure the best meaning your peer group will be exceptional. This client offers an excellent financial package as well as an above average bonus potential. There is also an in-house gym and fitness facilities as there is a real emphasis on fitness and wellbeing across the business.
The position is based in the heart of the City of London and there is no travel with the role.
For more information please click to apply.