Forensic Investigation Officer
The SRA are looking to recruit three field-based Forensic Investigation Officers, preferably located in the north west of England and/or London.
What is in it for you?
- Showcase your accountancy skills - analyse complex financial information and accounts, identify accountancy breaches and present information clearly to highlight serious professional misconduct
- Enjoy a varied role - one day you could be investigating money laundering whilst the next you could be interviewing a victim of cyber fraud
- Be at the front-line in protecting the public interest, where no two days are the same
- Enjoy the flexibility of working in the field with the comfort of being part of a small, motivated and supportive team of investigators
- Exposure to investigations that are highly sensitive in nature and may gain high levels of media interest
Working in this high-profile role, you will manage your own portfolio of investigations. Using your extensive accountancy knowledge to investigate financial discrepancies and inaccuracies and analyse complex financial accounts and data.
You will travel to law firms throughout England and Wales to determine whether there have been serious breaches of professional misconduct which includes the accounts rules.
You will gather evidence, interview key individuals and obtain witness statements. You will compile robust, easily-readable and factual reports of the findings that will inform our regulatory decisions. This could lead us to taking no action, to a strike off or to close a law firm. You will also represent the SRA in court, giving evidence of your investigation's findings. You will need to understand our code, rules and principles, as well as having strong accounting skills.
To be successful in this role you need to have an in-depth accounting knowledge (including solicitors accounts, client ledgers and reconciliations) and an ability to analyse complex numerical and financial information.
The role is field-based and will require extensive travel throughout England and Wales including our main office in Birmingham. A car allowance of £5,600 per annum (subject to minimum mileage criteria) and appropriate equipment will be provided to allow you to work in the field.
What we are looking for
- Strong accountancy experience and/or experience in accountancy, law firms or similar regulation/investigative environments
- Experience of analysing complex information and translating it into plain, simple language
- You should be flexible, tenacious and able to adjust your priorities at short notice
- Be an excellent communicator, both orally and in writing
Please make sure that your application clearly demonstrates how you meet the knowledge, skills and experience requirements of the role.
If you would like to discuss the role please contact us to arrange a chat, in confidence at .
Please make your current location clear on your application.
Interviews for this role will be conducted in our Birmingham and London offices from 12 to 14 February 2019.
More searches like this
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Chester
- Forensic / Fraud Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Chester
- Regulation Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Chester
- Compliance & Regulation Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Chester
- Investigations Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in Chester