Senior Internal Auditor
This position serves as a team member on routine or complex audits, working under the direction of audit management. Works on audits of diverse scope, including highly confidential and/or complex financial, operational and integrated audits using the organisation's risk based internal auditing methodology. Requires knowledge of internal audit leading practices, risk management, Institute of Internal Auditor's (IIA) International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) standards and guidance, and regulatory guidance and expectations (i.e. Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF); Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD); Senior Management Arrangements, Systems and Controls (SYSC); and Markets in Financial Instruments Directive (MIFID)).
- Typically involved in audit related activities such as the preparation of detailed programs for audits, the review of complex financial, operational, compliance and risk systems, processes and procedures to determine efficiency, effectiveness and alignment with internal policies, procedures, regulations and industry standards.
- Documents audit results which includes opining on the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls and processes being audited.
- Reviews and evaluates the adequacy and effectiveness of the organisation’s control environment.
- Selects methods and techniques for performing audits and evaluating results.
- Networks with senior personnel within the business unit and across groups to resolve issues, obtain required information and influence outcomes.
- Participate in discussions with management when communicating audit results and recommendations.
- May lead complex audit engagements and manage teams on special projects or the implementation of initiatives.
- Reviews the work of less experienced auditors and provides functional advice or training to less experienced staff.
- Follow-up on the status of the remediation of audit issues. Validates the adequacy and effectiveness of controls implemented by the business to remediate audit issues.
- Drafts periodic reports for senior management of business on the progress of audit plans and status of remediation of audit issues.
- Minimum of three years auditing experience (internal or external).
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, or other related discipline required; professional accounting qualification a plus.
- Real estate or investment/asset management experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel or use of data analytics
- 3+ years of auditing, accounting or other relevant experience in the financial services, or Insurance field.
A Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Accountant (CA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), or similar professional certification is strongly preferred and will need to be obtained within the first 18 months of employment.