IT Auditor - Central London with full study support for CISA
This dynamic and challenging listed US multinational is the global leader in it’s key market and has continued to grow both organically and through several acquisitions to over 50,000 employees and a presence in over 100 countries worldwide. It has recently completed a substantial and successful “game changing” acquisition/merger and as a result, has recently launched an exciting new brand.
The Global Head of Internal Audit has developed a high profile and extremely well regarded global audit team of c20 – most of whom are based in London. Internal Audit is positioned as a true “business partner” and is seen as a key value adding function right up to CFO/main board level. The Global Head is passionate about developing the team and often recruits from within the business as the team is perceived as a training ground for high performing talent. Typically members of the audit team spend 2-3 years in audit before leveraging the unparalleled exposure they gain to secure progression opportunities within other parts of the business - both in the UK and overseas. Hence the business has an excellent and demonstrable track record of staff retention and development.
The audit team is split between Business Audit and IT Audit approximately 2/3rds to 1/3rd by headcount. IT is central to the operations of the business and so IT risk management is key – particularly IT security risks and hence why there is a proportionally much larger IT audit team than you might normally find. After Sales, IT represents the largest function in the business by headcount so the scope for onward progression into IT operations is huge. The business is truly global so you can expect to travel for 30%-40% of the time – to both short haul and long haul destinations. Technically the work is challenging because like any acquisitive business, they have a wide range of IT systems and applications. The technical nature of the work will be broad covering a mixture of Infrastructure, Applications (including overlapping business controls), IT Process audits and Change Management/Project audits. However, this is not a vanilla IT audit role – a significant part of your work will be focused on cyber security, data privacy, big data and related issues so you need to have a genuine passion for this area in addition to IT Audit. Emerging technologies and issues such as The Cloud, Data Privacy, Data/Cyber Security and GDPR are all key to the 2018/9 audit plan.
As a result of internal career progression of one of the team, the Director of IT Audit is currently seeking a passionate and commercially “sharp” IT Audit Manager to help ensure delivery of the annual IT audit plan. Reporting to the Associate Director of IT Audit, this opportunity carries full responsibility for leading the planning, scoping and delivery of a range of audits. You will be responsible for leading the team in the field and drafting the reports for audit committee. Although this role may have some HR responsibility for a Senior Auditor/s, the team is relatively flat so you will need to role your sleeves up and undertake some of the fieldwork yourself. Once established you can expect to play an increasing role in risk assessment, developing further your relationships with key stakeholders at Business Head and IT Leadership level and have input into identifying opportunities for improvements to processes within the department as well as making value-adding recommendations to the business of course..
As the ideal candidate for this key role, you:
- Ideally hold an IT/business related degree or MSc
- Ideally be CISA/CISM qualified OR be studying towards this OR have an equivalent IT/Security qualification
- Have a GENUINE passion for IT and Cyber Security and it’s impact across the business as well as being up to date with current trends and best practice
- Have a minimum of c2 years’ experience covering a wide range of IT/Cyber Security audits either within the IA function of a multinational corporate environment or within a larger practice firm (US/ IT SOX experience is beneficial)
- Should demonstrate a high degree of ambition and a track record of career progression including experience of managing and leading audits
- Will have the confidence and ability to communicate with, and to influence, senior stakeholders
- Will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with passion and a “can-do” attitude
- Need to be flexible to travel for c40% of the time. Travel will be a mixture of both short haul and long haul (US, Canada, Far East)
You must be eligible to work within the UK to be considered for this opportunity. On offer is a salary in the range up to c£50,000 plus bonus (with a strong track record of pay out) and benefits including full study support for CISA etc. The role is London based but will require international travel of c40%-50%