European Internal Audit Senior
Job Purpose: To provide quality internal audit work to TMHCC companies in Europe.
- To plan, manage and execute value added internal audits across all European locations, to provide assurance on the internal controls environment, governance and risk management framework. With progression to leading internal audits as knowledge and experience of the organisation develops.
- Helping to establish JSOX/internal control frameworks across the TME branch network in Europe.
- Performing and leading annual JSOX/internal controls testing, system walkthroughs and flowcharts for all European locations to comply with Tokio Marine regulations.
- Liaising with the business to obtain progress updates on control and audit findings and then performing remediation testing.
- Performing routine testing across all departments and areas including but not limited to, underwriting, claims, reinsurance, finance, human resources, risk management, Solvency II, governance, compliance, actuarial and IT.
- Documenting and recording all internal audit and JSOX testing on our TeamMate audit software.
- Ensuring all review points raised by the Head of International Internal Audit are cleared on a timely basis.
- Produce accurate and complete working papers that support the audit findings and producing the final internal audit report that is presented to the client.
- Support the Head of International Internal Audit and the audit team with various administration, reporting and departmental tasks.
- Keeping up to date with regulatory, auditing and legal changes.
- Liaising with staff and management across the insurance group.
- Ad hoc internal audit projects, testing and tasks.
Skills Required / Personal Specifications:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ICAS, ACCA, CIMA) and committed to on-going professional development.
- Degree educated and a 2.1 or above.
- Relevant internal auditing (or external auditing) and/or accounting experience necessary.
- Insurance and/or financial services experience preferred.
- Excellent English written & oral communication skills.
- French, German and/or Spanish language skills would highly advantageous.
- Good organisational skills & proven ability to multi-task.
- High standard of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Willingness to travel, most specifically around European branch offices (around 25% of the role).
- Ability to work well within a small and very busy internal audit team.