Chief Risk Officer - International Bank
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company (ARRC)
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company has been mandated by a London based international bank on a Chief Risk Officer role. This is a high profile position with at least one direct report and the candidate will be reporting directly into the COO and Deputy CEO. The Chief Risk Officer will be responsible for oversight of the Bank’s risk framework and will be expected to challenge, where necessary, the banks systems and controls in respect to risk management.
The successful candidate must have a heavy credit risk background and preferably be SMF4 approved.
As Chief Risk Officer further responsibilities will include:
- Assessing the bank’s risk exposure relative to the risk appetite. ·
- Taking responsibility for both Operational and Treasury Risk as well as general risk management.
- Ensuring separating of duties between front and back office in conjunction with the auditors.
- Liaising and acting as the go between for the bank and regulator.
- Drafting comprehensive reports on any findings and continually appraising the effectiveness of Risk Management.
As Chief Risk Officer you will need / be able to demonstrate:
- Comprehensive and broad risk experience, particularly in Credit, Treasury and Market risk
- Demonstrable experience of being able to win influence and buy in from senior management and stakeholders.
- Clear and precise experience of having developed ICAAP, ILAAP and RRP documents.
- Evidence of providing challenge for when business plans/initiatives exceed the risk appetite.
The Audit and Risk Recruitment Company – Experts in Audit and Risk Recruitment!