Group Internal Auditor (new role, very low travel)
A large Irish business based in Dublin is looking for their next finance leader to train in internal audit. Joining the Group Audit team, you will see and learn the business over around 24 months and then move into the business (into a financial controller, risk manager, operations manager position).
The Group is a very well know household name in Ireland and has subsidiaries in North America, mainland Europe and in Asia.
Within the Group audit team, the Group Auditor’s role is to carry out operational and financial internal audits of processes, functions and business units within the Group and assist with the development of the functions risk-based audit plan. The successful candidate will work within the existing team and report directly to the Group Audit and Risk Director. The individual will be based in the Group offices in Dublin and will trave an absolute maximum of 10% of the time.
Specific duties will include:
- assisting with the Audit Plan, areas for potential future audit work;
- assisting with the development of the audit function and its practices;
- taking control of internal audit reviews from the Group Plan and carrying out and managing the performance of internal audit reviews: planning and execution of audit work and testing, within agreed time frames;
- drafting audit reports: findings and recommendations, agreeing implementation actions with management and performing follow up activity on those actions;
- assisting with the development and/or implementation of a Risk Management for the Group;
- ensuring compliance with the “Operating and Accounting Polices and Corporate Governance”;
- liaising with Internal Control functions of subsidiaries internationally;
- review of subsidiary accounts;
- assisting with integration of any acquisitions and the implementation of adequate controls to fit into the group including: post-acquisition cap-ex reviews and financial due diligence;
- assisting the Director with investigations, preparation for Audit Committee meetings including reporting and presentations.
The candidate should:
- have audit / finance experience in either practice or industry (or a mix of both);
- have a good understanding of internal audit and experience in this beyond practice would be an advantage;
- be able to show a good knowledge of Risk Management and Risk Based Auditing;
- have good interpersonal and communications skills and an ability to relate to Senior Management
- have a fluent level of English
- have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; and demonstrate a keen interest in improving both themselves and the business, with the aim of being a future leader.
By submitting your information, you confirm that you have read and understood our Privacy Notice which outlines how we use information we collect about you: Click here to View our Privacy Notice for information about how we collect and process personal data
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Technology, ICT & Telecoms €60,000 - €69,999 jobs in Europe
- Internal Auditor Technology, ICT & Telecoms €60,000 - €69,999 jobs in Europe
- Internal Audit Senior Technology, ICT & Telecoms €60,000 - €69,999 jobs in Europe
- Internal Audit Manager Technology, ICT & Telecoms €60,000 - €69,999 jobs in Europe