Audit Senior Birmingham
Calling all talented Audit Professionals! Opportunities of a lifetime in the UK! Sponsorship available!
Are you a talented Audit Professional dreaming of an opportunity in one of the world’s most complex and sophisticated markets? If so, this is the role for you.
Due to continued success and growth in the UK market, exciting opportunities have arisen for talented External Audit Professionals to join a leading, global accountancy and business advisory firm in one of the UK’s most fantastic cities - Birmingham. As an integral part of the firm’s national and global audit practice, you will enjoy a rewarding career and benefit from ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture and flexible and agile work practices that focus on people's wellbeing, driving innovation and entrepreneurship.
The largest and most populous city in the UK outside of London, Birmingham also has one of the youngest, most highly qualified and most diverse workforces in the world. Its youthfulness provides relentless spirit and ambition ensuring the city always has a new achievement, breakthrough, creative adventure or something awe-inspiring up its sleeve.
The appetite for progression is boundless and the city has been a champion of innovation since the earliest days of the Industrial Revolution.
Birmingham has great theatres, museums, the world famous City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra, beautiful historical buildings and the iconic Library of Birmingham. It also has amazing concert and sporting venues, picturesque canals, waterside attractions, outstanding galleries and is an explosion of gastronomic restaurants with something for all tastes, cool and often secret cocktail bars and craft breweries!
Without the high cost of living of London, Birmingham is a city full of energy and enthusiasm ensuring it’s a great place to live and work.
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients’ premises.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
- Newly Qualified ACA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Educated up to degree level or CTS.
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
- Experience with listed clients.
- Experience auditing international groups.