Group Internal Risk and Audit Manager
An opportunity has arisen for a dynamic risk-assurance focused Internal Audit Manager to join a FTSE 250 Internal Audit Department and manage the successful delivery of Internal Audit reviews (generally across EMEA and the Americas), as well as supporting the Head of Internal Audit (HoIA) in facilitating the Group Risk Management process.
The role is based in Egham, UK, and will require travel (40-50%) across EMEA and the Americas.
Note to recruiters : We are not using any agency to supply candidates for this role.
Spectris’ Internal audit function is responsible for reviewing the group’s operations and business processes in order to evaluate the effectiveness of controls over financial accounting, transaction processing as well as other key business processes. The function develops an annual work plan which is designed to address financial, operational and compliance issues and risks.
In addition to this, the IA function facilitates the Group-wide Risk Management process from the local Operating Company level to the Executive and Board level.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in developing the department’s annual plan
- Execute the audit plan – leading and managing the delivery of a range of agreed audit projects
- Develop work programs for new assurance activities in previously un-audited areas
- Provide training to the team on the above and assist in the development of talent within the function
- Develop and maintain a strong network across operating companies and functional area senior mgmt.
- Facilitate risk management workshops / enhance the quality and consistency of the process
- Carry out ad hoc assurance projects as requested
- Assist the HoIA with developing and maintaining working practices in accordance with IIA standards
- An undergraduate degree
- Relevant accounting qualification (ACA, CPA, ACCA)
- 3+ years of post-qualified Big4 audit experience
- Working knowledge of standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Risk Management and Risk Assurance experience
Essential Competencies and Skills:
- High emotional intelligence and able to demonstrate leadership skills, including the ability to influence senior management and the broader range of stakeholders across a wide range of geographies and cultures.
- Able to quickly identify root causes from complex issues both as part of audit fieldwork and in the broader workplace, and strongly driven towards identifying and achieving practical solutions that demonstrate a sensitivity to the business and context.
- Able to deliver high-quality output with minimal supervision
- The ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Strong analytical ability, necessary to understand the diverse number of businesses within the Spectris group
- Professional commitment to completing jobs on time and to the standard required.
- Ability to self-assess own performance and take steps to actively improve performance.
- Discreet and able to maintain confidentiality.
- A firm, tactful but persistent approach.
- English fluency is essential, other languages could be advantageous but are not essential.
- There’s a requirement for 40-50% travel as part of this role to the Group’s operations.
- Additional relevant qualifications would be advantageous (e.g. MBA, CIA, CISA, ACFE, PMI)
- Providing assurance within a multinational organisation across a range of different programmes, processes and operations
- Line management experience
- Audit management tool, such as TeamMate
- Experience operating in a small/mid-size, dynamic audit department
- Demonstrable experience in applying risk-based internal audit techniques
- In addition to financial control, specific experience providing assurance against:
- Non-financial, operational processes
- Shared Services implementation
- ERP implementation
- Technology projects
- Mergers / Acquisitions and Integrations
- Research & Development
- Experience with data analytics tools (e.g. ACL/IDEA)