Senior Internal Auditor
3 days left
- 25-50% Travel
Our client, a FTSE listed business and leader in its field, seeks a career driven Senior Internal Auditor. Reporting directly into the group Head of Audit, you'll be an intrinsic member of the Group Finance Team supporting the PLC.
In this high profile and interesting role you will help devise and direct the activities of the Internal Audit function across the Group, working closely with first line to provide assurance over the effectiveness of systems of internal control and the actions being taken to manage risks.
In addition, you will support and coordinate the risk assessment and risk management processes across the functions, reporting on strategic risks and mitigating actions.This is a high-profile role requiring an individual with solid audit experience ideally gained within a Big 4 or Top10 firm and subsequent internal audit experience within a listed business.
As well as excellent interpersonal skills, it is essential that this person be able to influence senior stakeholders and liaise with the Executive committees.
Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Qualified Accountant or Internal Auditor - ACA, CA, ACCA, CIA, MIIAStrong audit experience ideally gained in a Big 4 or Top10 firm with post-qualification experience in a corporate audit department of a listed business
- Strong knowledge on concepts related to 'internal controls' (e.g. COSO Framework), control review and audit techniques
- Experience and gravitas to work with and be able to challenge strong individuals and teams and to influence senior management for competing priorities
- Experience of working with and managing different specialist audit and controls advisory providers
- To promote the profile of Internal Audit through sharing best practice and experiences with stakeholders across the group
- Outstanding communication skills and the credibility to effectively build relationships with senior level internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional commercial acumen coupled with the ability to interpret and communicate complex performance information to a variety of audiences
- A proactive, energetic, hardworking individual, able to work with stamina and pace
- Analytical, with a professional curiosity and a drive to get things right
Apply for Senior Internal Auditor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly