Internal Auditor- FTSE 100- Germany
One of the world’s biggest global leaders in the leisure industry with a huge portfolio of smaller businesses is seeking an Internal Audit Manager to join their team in Hanover. They are looking for a person who is adaptable, enjoys engaging with people, posses a genuine desire to learn, develop and bring value to the Business.
My client provides 10 million customers in 120 regions all over the world with an unmatchable experience. Founded 80 years ago it has since expanded massively by investing in new businesses and undergoing different ventures.
Because of its risk based systematic approach to projects, you will be evaluating control design and operational effectiveness as the Group Audit team provides value and insights to management.
Your tasks will be:
- You will be involved with the planning, execution and reporting of allocated audit projects and other ad hoc work that arises, and dealing with delegated work in a professional, engaged and responsible manner, covering: key processes in the operations and general business areas, financial management, project reviews and follow up the effective implementation of corrective
- Identify process and control inefficiencies, weaknesses or areas of over control and make commercially realistic recommendations
- Produce high quality reports for management that encourage debate and implementation of recommendations
- University Degree with at least 3 years relevant work experience in Audit (e.g. with a Big 4 background)
- Fluent German and English skills (written and spoken –at least to B1 standard in one and business fluency in the other) and openness to work in an international environment
- Strong problem solving skills and possessing an analytical mindset
- High level of personal and professional integrity, honesty and maturity with an ability to feel comfortable with new and unknown topics and working in a dynamic environment without the need of constant direction
- Independently minded, willingness to challenge and be challenged, ambitious and inquisitive personality with an out-of-the-box thinking
- A great team player who is also capable and comfortable working alone
- Excellent communication skills and able to build good and valuable working relationships within the Group
Given the areas of responsibility, this role will involve international travelling (typically around 30- 50% over a year) depending on the Audit Plan.
- Group Audit provides an opportunity to learn a lot about a whole range of business areas and act as a spring board to other career opportunities
- Working with the world‘s leading tourism company and being part of a thriving and growing success story
- Competitive salary with holiday and Christmas bonus
- 30 days of holiday a year
- Personal Benefits, e.g. holiday discounts and employee shares
- International career and development opportunities
- Offers for pension schemes and health promotion