Banking Sector - Financial Reporting Senior Manager - London
Our client is looking for a financial reporting senior manager, with banking entity experience, to work within its technical standards group. The individual will be required to answer financial reporting queries and deliver financial reporting training on banking-related topics and also to conduct technical reviews of the annual reports of the firms banking clients. The individual will also be expected to deal with queries arising on other non-banking topic areas and perform accounts reviews of non-banking clients.
The technical standards group provides technical support, training and quality control services on financial reporting and assurance matters. Predominantly internally focussed, the department’s principal client is the firm’s audit stream but it also interacts with tax, corporate finance and forensic services teams. TSG comprises approximately 40 staff and is led by two partners.
Financial Reporting Advisory (FRA) is the sub-team within TSG that focusses on financial reporting. Its main activities are answering technical queries, accounts reviews and developing and delivering technical training and similar materials.
Most of the FRA team are based in London, and this is the ideal location for this role, but a small number work out of regional offices (Manchester and Birmingham) and visit London from time to time. All members of FRA are occasionally required to visit other offices to provide training and local liaison.
- Review the annual reports of publicly traded and other higher risk clients, particularly from (but not limited to) the financial services sector (Banking), to confirm compliance with financial reporting standards, company legislation and regulatory requirements
- Provide clear and practical solutions to ad hoc technical accounting queries
- Help develop financial reporting tools and guidance for application by the firm’s partners and staff
- Prepare and present financial reporting training, updates and seminars both internally and externally
- Write articles and other materials on financial reporting matters for internal and external communications.
- A good working knowledge of IFRSs, UK GAAP (FRSs 101 and 102) and the Companies Act with the ability to apply that knowledge to complex financial reporting issues and provide practical and supportable solutions
- Knowledge and experience of accounting for financial instruments under IFRSs and FRS 102
- Practical experience of the review of the annual reports of private and publicly traded companies, particularly from (but not limited to)within the financial services sector (Banking) sector
- Knowledge and experience of accounting for financial instruments under IFRSs and FRS 102 and in particular experience of applying IFRS 9 in practice
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience of working within the technical department of a major firm of accountants, although the role would also be suited to an auditor demonstrating a strong technical aptitude looking to move into a technical role
- An ability and desire to work with a client base beyond that of purely banking sector entities
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to create productive relationships across the firm and network and to influence other senior professionals
- Willingness to work as part of a close-knit team and as a self-directed individual
- Highly motivated with a desire to seek new ways of improving our service to internal customers
- ACA/ACCA or similar professional accountancy qualification, with three or more years PQE
Apply for Banking Sector - Financial Reporting Senior Manager - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Manager Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)
- External Audit Sr Manager Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Compliance & Regulation Professional Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)