Network Security Specialist
Network Security Specialist
£39 - £44.5k per annum, local government pension scheme & other great benefits
We’re searching for a talented, experienced Network Security Specialist who can ensure our digital systems, links and data are safe, secure and robust. If you can help create a resilient digital network and assist our auditors to work efficiently and confidently across our digital platforms, then we would like to hear from you.
We’re Scotland’s public-sector auditor, responsible for ensuring that the Scottish Government and public-sector bodies are held to account for the proper, efficient and effective use of public money. We employ around 280 exceptional professionals from different backgrounds who believe that public money should be spent wisely. We know our important work makes a real difference to the lives of Scotland’s people.
Our Digital Services Team is nine strong and embraces fresh thinking, new ways of working and prides itself in the investment we make in our professional development and training. They make a real difference to Audit Scotland’s business impact. It’s both a great team and a great organisation to be part of.
Our Edinburgh office is within walking distance of both Haymarket and Waverley stations, and offers a modern and open environment in which to work.
We value simplicity and purpose in our workand our people have the autonomy to make a difference in their work. Check us out – we think you’ll like who we are, what we value and our dedication to help ensure Scotland works well for all of the people that live here.
How can you help us?
Our innovative Digital Services Group are looking to add a permanent, full-time Digital Security Specialist to the team. The right candidate will understand the importance and relevance of security in digital society and rise to the challenge of solving complex problems under pressure. You keep up to date with current threats and their mitigations and are analytical, solution focused and able to work on your own or as part of the team. You are enthusiastic about translating complex technical issues into meaningful details for non-specialist audiences. The three key areas you will identify with are:
- Technical knowledge: you have an excellent understanding of technology and how it works across applications, infrastructure and cloud environments.
- Working collaboratively: you will be able to communicate with all parts of the business in a language everyone can easily comprehend and you understand the importance of fast-paced decisions.
- Delivery: you take ownership of issues and commit to their resolution – you deliver on time, on budget and to a high quality. You enjoy the pressure of balancing multiple projects as well as resolving everyday incidents.
Specific Knowledge and experience...
- Educated to degree level or have demonstrable, relevant experience
- Detailed knowledge of infrastructure and application security requirements
- Knowledge of Office 365 & Azure Cloud platform deployment
- Experience with Exchange/SQL/IIS/SharePoint
- Hands on Virtualisation experience Citrix and Hyper-V, routers, web security and cloud connectivity
- A good understanding of recognised information security management, governance frameworks and architecture specified by ISO27001
- Good understanding of network technologies (e.g. firewalls, proxies, IDS/IPS)
- Knowledge of parsing/normalisation of logs, rule engine, log storage, source device, log collection and event monitoring
- Awareness of security related qualifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM, GIAC, CEH)
Interested? Next steps
We’re keeping this nice and simple - click the apply button. Fill in our short application form and share your CV. Closing date Wednesday 6 March 2019.
If you want to be part of how Audit Scotland makes a difference and we think you might have what we need, we’ll get together to talk about it. We’ve reserved Tuesday 19 and Wednesday 20 March 2019 for interviews. If successful, we’ll agree a package and start our journey together as we deliver on our vision to be a world-class audit organisation that improves the use of public money.