We’ve built the world’s most successful cigarette company, with the world’s most popular and iconic brands. Now we’ve made a dramatic decision. We will be far more than a leading cigarette company. We’re building PMI’s future on smoke-free products that are a much better choice than cigarette smoking.
Be part of the biggest transformation in the history of our company.
Our transformation is not only changing what we are like on the inside – it’s about building a working environment that is more agile, more engaged with our customers, and more open to suppliers and external talent, partners, networks and communities.
We have an opportunity for a Corporate Auditor.
As an independent function for PMI, Corporate Audit team is responsible to provide senior management and the Audit Committee with objective assessments about the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s internal controls systems. Our mission is to enhance and protect organizational value and to serve the Company to achieve its objectives.
You will experience the broad spectrum of PMI markets and business cycles, across a wide variety of cultural environments. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic organization delivering the highest quality audit services and providing high-level talent for future development in the group.
Our corporate auditors are dealing with topics that are fundamentally important to the survival and prosperity of our organization. They look beyond financial risks and statements to consider broader issues such as the organization’s reputation, growth, its impact on the environment and the way it treats its employees. It’s determining how well the systems and processes are designed to keep the organization on track but also helping to improve those systems and processes where necessary.
We are looking for a person with team orientated mindset, with a creative approach and ability to think out of the box, looking for opportunities to improve our department and ways of auditing; someone who demonstrates a high degree of flexibility and enthusiasm to travel internationally (around 60% of the time).
- You will perform audits across PMI’s businesses worldwide;
- You will execute assigned audit procedures in line with Corporate Audit standards within agreed budget and timelines;
- You will be responsible for identifying and assessing financial, reputational, and operational risks in all areas of our business;
- You will use your analytical, technical and project management skills to assess and test the effectiveness of the company’s control environment;
- You will interact and communicate the results of your work to management at local and PMI levels.
Skills & experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in external (preferably Big Four) or/and internal audit within multinational organizations (preferably in the FMCG or pharmaceuticals environment);
- Bachelor's or Master's degree (university/technical College) in a business or finance related degree;
- Professional qualification (CIA, CPA, ACCA or similar) and knowledge of SAP software are advantage
- Proven experience of data analytics usage across the entire audit life cycle, enabling a sharper focus on risk areas and business issues, as well as generating efficiencies;
- Fluent English in writing and speaking; other language skills are advantageous;
- Structured approach and mindset to run a successful audit - demonstrable proactivity to understand scope, to deal with various stakeholders at different levels in company, to set meetings, and to adhere to strict deadlines;
- Ability to research, define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions based on risks/facts;
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment with increased initiative to manage multiple competing tasks;
- Great team player with ability to work independently when necessary;
- Maintain independence and objectivity in line with the IIA standards;
- Proven experience in process improvement, process mining and audit experience along with machine learning techniques is an advantage;
- High degree of flexibility and enthusiasm to travel internationally (around 60% of the time).
JOIN A GLOBAL MARKET LEADER
PMI is the world’s leading international tobacco company, with six of the world's top 15 international brands and products sold in more than 180 markets. In addition to the manufacture and sale of cigarettes, including the number one global cigarette brand, and other tobacco products, PMI is engaged in the development and commercialization of Reduced-Risk Products (“RRPs”). RRPs is the term we use to refer to products that present, are likely to present, or have the potential to present less risk of harm to smokers who switch to these products versus continued smoking. We have a range of RRPs in various stages of development, scientific assessment and commercialization. Because our RRPs do not burn tobacco, they produce far lower quantities of harmful and potentially harmful compounds than found in cigarette smoke. For more information, see www.pmi.com and www.pmiscience.com.
PMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.