Risk Manager -Market Risk
Your new company
An international company based near Slough
Your new role
In this role you will be joining a relatively new Risk Team and your focus will be predominantly on Market Risk (especially in the early stages) with the potential to also work in Credit Risk and Contract Management.
- Ensuring that risks are identified, quantified, controlled where necessary and escalated in order to provide the appropriate risk visibility and governance within the organisation.
- Driving the build out of the market risk visibility, infrastructure and governance frameworks, working with finance and the business to provide the necessary reporting infrastructure, models and scenario analysis.
- Helping to drive a cultural change towards a focus on how market risk factors are included in the decision approval process.
- Preparing Independent validation of the Production, Treasury and Trading Book including Position Report is a key focus area for the Group Risk Management function
- Developing an independent stress testing framework of the company's positions
- Maintaining a set of comprehensive risk policies
What you'll need to succeed
- A minimum of 5 years of risk management experience, recently as a decision maker in either a customer facing or active risk management role- ideally Market Risk focus
- Awareness of financial accounting practices, hedge effectiveness testing, independent price verification practices
- Strong modelling background, including experience in model development and/or model validation of various pricing models and tools, in-house or third party valuation software and corresponding risk management models
- Awareness of comparing and contrasting observed derivative pricing and modelling methods against a framework of good practice
- Ability to work independently and act in an entrepreneurial way
- Excellent communication and liaison skills
- Open to Change and keen to be involved in creating a new and credible control function for the business.
- You will need to be a driver and have your own transport to reach this location
- You could have a background in any industry if you have significant experience in Market Risk.
- You'll need a balance of technical and analytical skills
- DBS and Security Checks will be made on the successful candidate
What you'll get in return
- An exciting opportunity to make your mark in a new team
- Friendly and sociable environment
- Salary range £60-70,000 plus bonus scheme, competitive pension scheme and benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.