International Donor Assurance Manager (40% world travel)
Our partner are leading world specialists in institutional donor / grant assurance and are actively building their very successful team. This challenging but highly rewarding manager/ senior manager role takes responsibility for managing and/or leading assignments in the domain of value-for-money (VFM) / performance audit and evaluation, reporting to a Director/Partner. The Manager manages teams made up of Junior Managers, Analysts, Consultants and Audit Seniors, including review of planning, fieldwork and reporting.
These diverse consultancy assignments relate to projects/ programmes funded and/or delivered by organisations such as the EC, World Bank, United Nations, national governments’ development bodies and INGOs
- Manage and lead VFM / evaluation-related consultancy assignments, either desk-based or out of office at client or beneficiary sites outside the UK (for up to 40% of the time).
- Utilise your detailed knowledge of public-sector VFM, performance audit and evaluation issues and techniques, and provide expert guidance to clients and colleagues.
- Utilise your detailed understanding of international public sector programme implementation and evaluation, and provide expert guidance in associated technical and policy matters.
- Manage the assignment process from the planning stage to presentation of the final report to the Director / Partner.
- Review and finalise tailored plans for assignments, based on a sound understanding of the Terms of Reference.
- Prepare proposals for specific assignments, either stand-alone or within a framework contract, reporting to a Director / Partner.
- Identify potential opportunities for obtaining new work from existing clients or assignment subjects. Take action to follow up such opportunities with a Director / Partner.
- A post-graduate degree in evaluation methods, public policy, social science or other relevant discipline.
- Membership of an industry-recognized professional body would be an advantage.
- Proven experience and technical expertise in performance / value for money audit and policy evaluation.
- Demonstrable in-depth and current knowledge of at least two of the following sectors: Health, Education, Ecology, Agriculture, Energy or Employment, including knowledge of issues relating to project/programme management and delivery in these sectors.
- Ability to work under pressure with accuracy and focus, prioritize tasks and meet multiple deadlines in a complex environment.
- Highly developed technical and analytical skills, including ability to generate robust and clear findings and recommendations.
- Excellent written and spoken English, including a very strong command of grammar, syntax, punctuation and style.