Deputy Security Advisor
Deputy Security Advisor
London, Canary Wharf
£57,975 - £69,700
Ofgem is committed to making a positive difference for energy consumers through effective regulation of the market and close working with suppliers to ensure sustainable energy for consumers and businesses in the UK.
In addition to acting as Joint Competent Authority for implementing Network and Information Systems (NIS) regulations in the Downstream Gas and Electricity sector, our Security, Privacy and Resilience (SPAR) team ensures that we continuously protect our people, data, operations and facilities from harm.
As Deputy Security Advisor, you will:
- Drive reductions in the security, privacy and resilience risks facing Ofgem’s business services and corporate functions.
- Responsible for advising on Ofgem’s most significant technical security risks, and developing mitigation plans that may have significant dependencies from partners outside of Ofgem
- Leadership of industry and governments measures to protect against rising cyber risk
- Ensuring security is built into and factored into the architecture, design and implementation of Ofgem’s network and services, providing strategic security advice to the board, across products and projects, ensuring suitable action and priority is given at all levels
- Influence and collaborate with Ofgem architectural and design teams to develop secure services, products, systems and trials
- Providing security advice to supply chain, on-boarding, legal, procurement, compliance and rest of the business
- Assistance with FOI requests
- Collaborate and build a sense of security by design across the technology value chain
- Ability to articulate the business value and outcome of embedding security
It is a cross-cutting role that will see you working closely with colleagues in Ofgem and across the UK security, intelligence and law enforcement community as you build a nuanced understanding of the specific threats that Ofgem must manage. You will then use that information to develop a prioritised set of agile risk mitigation and capability development plans, procure relevant security services or controls and raise risk awareness across the organisation.
We expect you to be a credible and assured communicator, skilled at advising and influencing at all levels. You will draw on your experience of managing the intelligence cycle to develop comprehensive, tactical briefing materials and implement strategic plans, tracking risk reduction and benefits delivery, and responding to identified delivery risks in an agile and timely manner. Pragmatic and responsive, you will be skilled at assessing the security, privacy and resilience risks affecting sensitive physical and digital/cyber assets and have the interpersonal skills to create a shared understanding of the identified risks and ensure stakeholder engagement with the plans. A strong track record of success in contract management and procurement is also required, as you will be negotiating and handling third party contracts, ensuring that security, privacy and resilience are a core component into the agreed terms and conditions of all contracts.
Ofgem can offer you a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Up to 30 days’ annual leave
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
- Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
- Restaurant and subsidised gym
Interest free season ticket loan.
Closing date: 4th March 2018.
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer. Protecting consumers and powering the future of the energy debate.
To send your application, please click the 'Apply ' button and search for job ref 'OFG 1111'
More searches like this
- Cyber Security Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- IT Audit Director / Partner Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- IT Audit Senior Manager Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Technology Risk Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Risk Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in London (Greater)