Head of Security, Privacy and Resilience; Strategy and Risk
Head of Security, Privacy and Reslience; Strategy and Risk
London, Canary Wharf
£74,000 - £82,000
Ofgem is committed to making a positive difference for energy consumers through effective regulation of the market and close working with suppliers to ensure sustainable energy for consumers and businesses in the UK.
In addition to acting as Joint Competent Authority for implementing Network and Information Systems (NIS) regulations in the Downstream Gas and Electricity sector, our Security, Privacy and Resilience (SPAR) team ensures that we continuously protect our people, data, operations and facilities from harm. As Head of SPAR Strategy and Risk, you will be responsible for four of our core SPAR services: direction and leadership for operational risk management across all security risks to Ofgem; intelligence analysis; security and risk management; and driving risk reduction.
- Define, develop, implement and maintain the risk policy, governance framework, standards and procedures for the identification, assessment, management and control of Ofgem’s operational security risks
- Contribute to the development of consistent risk analysis, assessment and risk appetite definition across Ofgem
- Champion effective security risk management practices and building risk management capabilities across Ofgem through education, training and coaching
- Ensure that Ofgem group level risk reporting (Board and ARAC) on security matters follows risk management good practice
- Enquire effective risk management governance in place
You will also drive the completion of tasks expected of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) in relation to the Data Protection Act 2018, and ensure compliance with the EU GDPR. It’s a critical role that will see you partnering with security, intelligence and law enforcement agencies, other regulators and key energy sector partners in defining our SPAR requirements.
We are looking for a credible and self-assured influencer, skilled at strategy formulation and risk management, with multi-level advisory expertise. You will draw on the intelligence cycle to develop comprehensive, tactical briefing materials and implement strategic plans, tracking risk reduction and benefits delivery, and responding rapidly to identified delivery issues. You will also be tasked with assessing the security, privacy and resilience risks affecting sensitive assets and engaging stakeholders as you create a shared understanding of the threats. Defining and gaining approval for a viable, agile and pragmatic SPAR strategy will also form part of your remit, so you must be adept at developing a business case for change. A good understanding of the duties incumbent on an organisation’s DPO and experience of assessing and maintaining compliance with DPA 2018 and GDPR are also required.
Ofgem can offer you a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Up to 30 days’ annual leave
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
- Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
- Restaurant and subsidised gym
- Interest free season ticket loan.
Closing date: 4th March 2018.
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer. Protecting consumers and powering the future of the energy debate.
To send your application, please click the 'Apply ' button and search for job ref 'OFG 1110'
More searches like this
- Cyber Security Public Sector £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- IT Audit Director / Partner Public Sector £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- IT Audit Senior Manager Public Sector £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Technology Risk Public Sector £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Risk Public Sector £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Greater)