Internal Audit Manager
This is an operational management role focused on delivery of an agreed portfolio of audits around the principal risks of Legal, Regulatory and Compliance, Procurement and People. The job holder will bring challenge and insight to the delivery of a portfolio of audits focussed on the prioritised risks across Centrica.
As a member of the Internal Audit management team, maintain the internal audit function through recruitment and on the job coaching.
The Job role:
- Manage scheduling and resourcing of the Audit Plan
- Work with business stakeholders and 2nd line assurance functions to scope audits in accordance with identified risks
- Assure the quality of audit planning, testing and reporting in line with the Standards set within the function, seeking out opportunities for improvement
- Raise issues identified during the audit on a timely basis in a clear and concise manner
- Lead complex audit delivery
- Coach and develop the audit team and wider members of the auditee teams in relation to risk and controls
- Input to the development and maintenance of the Audit Plan
- Identify themes and insights arising from audit work to contribute to the wider understanding
- Initiate and lead projects to improve processes and systems defining how Internal Audit works
- Application of experience, initiative and judgment to situations encountered in audits
- Hands on experience of working within a regulated entity with an ethics and compliance focus, either within Centrica or an external company with similar scale, complexity and risk profile
- Exposure to Procurement, HR processes and Transformation/Change Management highly desirable
- Analytical with attention to detail but ability to identify practical solutions and in making pragmatic recommendations
- Experienced or confident in manipulating data to drive audit insight and efficiency using various tools including MS Excel and data analytics software
- Good understanding of business risks and associated controls
- Effective at influencing senior business leaders to take appropriate action
- Robust and independent mindset with confidence to challenge the status quo
- Effective team leader, able to motivate, coach and develop individuals
- Strong written skills to concisely communicate outcomes and recommendations.