External Audit Manager (Industry role) - Westminster - £63,000
I am hiring for an independent Parliamentary body in the United Kingdom who are seeking an experienced External Manager in London.
My client scrutinises approximately £1.6 trillion of public spending for Parliament through delivering Financial Audit work which spans across all of the government departments, public sector bodies and large commercial entities.
My client is open to looking at candidates with a background in either the Financial Services, Media or Public sectors.
Due to the nature of the role being in Industry the remuneration package is extremely good. Some of the benefits include 35 days holiday , 22% Pension Scheme and excellent working hours (9am – 5pm). The chosen applicants will have the chance to work on complex projects that inform debates and influence some of the biggest decision that government makes.
You will act as an Audit Manager leading and planning a portfolio of quality financial audits and other assurance work. You will supervise, coach, develop junior colleagues within teams, on client premises and in the office. You will develop external client relationships and work closely with colleagues across the firm in contributing to their wider work. You will also provide recommendations to increase the firms’ strategic insight, drive quality and other work.
The chosen applicant will be required to have:
- A professional accounting, auditing or actuarial qualification (ACA, ACCA, ICAS or International equivalent)
- Previous Audit Manager experience in Practice or Industry
- Experience auditing companies – particularly in the financial services or media sectors.
- Experience working with Financial Audits and other assurance work over complex transactions
- Experience auditing shared service or complex IT environments.
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
Due to the mobility obligation, and given the location of their clients, Audit Managers will be expected to travel away from home which will involve some overnight stays.
We are shortlisting now with the aim for interviews for appropriate candidates next week, so interested applicants should please email me their CV below or call me ASAP on 0207 220 6695 in the strictest of confidence.