Audit Semi Senior
BDO is the 5th largest accountancy practice in the world and we are on the lookout for bright individuals.
An Audit Semi-Senior will form part of the audit team both on-site at clients, and in the office, ensuring that all aspects of the audit are completed on time and within budget. Will be expected to study for and complete your accounting qualification over the 3 year period, and will be supported, developed and supervised by senior members of the audit group.
Audit Semi Seniors to be based in one of the following offices:
We are recruiting Audit Semi Seniors for the following sectors:
Real Estate, Professional Services, Consumer Markets, Technology Media, Energy Mining and Industry.
An Audit Trainee will form part of the audit team both on-site at clients, and in the office, ensuring that all aspects of the audit are completed on time and within budget. Will be expected to study for and complete your accounting qualification over the 3-year period, and will be supported, developed and supervised by senior members of the audit group.
- Assist within the wider team by obtaining audit evidence necessary to support opinions given.
- Prepare analysis of accounting data from client’s books and records.
- Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions.
- Active engagement with client staff in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence.
- Active adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager, particularly when actual time is in excess of budget.
- Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the Executive or Manager.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Identify and understand client needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs and solutions to the Executive or Manager.
- Build strong relationships with new and established clients.
- Carry out ad hoc assignments as maybe reasonably required by your group.
- Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by your group.
- Coaching and assisting more junior trainees on the team, both at client premises and in the office.
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities.
- Degree Educated with no less than 280 UCAS points and a 2.1. degree or be part of the CTS scheme.
- Part ACA/ACCA qualified
- Experience in IFRS/UK GAAP
- Minimum of one year’s audit experience
BDO, the 5th largest accountancy firm globally, is changing the perception of accountancy by taking an innovative and dynamic approach to core industry practices whilst offering a truly consultative service to a diverse portfolio of clients across a range of sectors.
BDO offers a working environment where you can grow, excel and pursue your specific goals and career aspirations. You will be provided with the support and guidance you need to enhance your skills and strengths. Very few firms offer the level of experience and responsibility that BDO provides its employees. If you want to be a part of a friendly and inclusive working environment, and a culture that promotes the core values of honesty and integrity, consider a career with BDO today
More searches like this
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Birmingham
- External Auditor Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Birmingham
- External Audit Senior Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Birmingham
- Audit Assistant Professional Services £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Birmingham