Entity Governance and Compliance Associate
A career in our Tax Compliance Services practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You'll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients with compliance across all taxes, statutory accounting and complex tax reporting. You'll focus on bookkeeping and monthly reporting, drafting, auditing and filing of local statutory financial statements, and transaction processing.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
About the role
The role requires an individual with experience of managing the transition/delivery of global client engagements. Previous experience of operating in the area of compliance, governance, assurance or consulting is preferable.
In the role, the successful candidate will lead the management of global legal entity compliance outsource activities and oversee the implementation of corporate actions such as entity incorporations, director and officer changes, routine share transfers/allotments, entity eliminations etc. There will also be opportunities to project manage the on-boarding/transition of new clients and to lead consulting based assignments. As well as servicing clients, the successful candidate will support general business operations
Essential skills and experience
- Previous Company Secretarial knowledge and experience
- Previous experience of managing global client relationships and coordinating with overseas teams to transition / deliver legal entity management services.
- Strong team working, project management and IT skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and numeric, analytical and finance skills.
- Composed under pressure, proactive, self-motivated, take ownership/responsibility for own work and can work under own initiative efficiently.
- Strong influencing, team working and coaching skills, able to build strong relationships at all levels with clients and colleagues.
- Excellent time management and personal organisational skills.
- Completer finisher - ability to see tasks through to the end and meet tight deadlines, taking responsibility for their completion and maintaining quality throughout.
- Good business and risk awareness skills and the ability to act/think strategically, logically and commercially.
- Passionate about client service - strong willingness to deliver excellent client service, add value and to flexibly meet client requirements, sometimes at very short notice
We help organisations and the people who run them answer the big business questions. How should we raise finance? Where should we be based? How should we reward our people? With some 3,300 experts whose expertise covers every conceivable area of taxation, we’re one of the UK’s leading tax practices. To understand more about the business, view our list of events here.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
More searches like this
- Compliance Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Birmingham
- Tax Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Birmingham
- Corporate Governance & GRC Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Birmingham
- Compliance & Regulation Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Birmingham