Compliance Associate – Chinese Bank
My client is a Bank that is headquartered in Beijing and has more than 20 domestic branches. The Paris Branch is its first and only overseas branch. They are now seeking for a Compliance Associate to join its Internal Control and Compliance Department.
Reporting directly to the Head of Internal Control and Compliance Department, you will assist him in the implementation and in the functioning of the Compliance device of the Branch.
- Validate the KYC including identifying missing items and checking the black lists
- Analyse of the risks of non-compliance identified during the constitution or the review of the customer file (KYC)
- Bring support to the Commercial Department on the AML / CFT aspects during the different phases of the client relationship (beginning, operations, constant vigilance measures…)
- Provide support to the operational teams for any compliance issues
- Perform AML / CFT automatic analysis of the operations to ensure the daily control of customer transactions (AML / CFT, asset freeze/embargoes, fraud...) and draft analysis reports
- Participate in the drafting of proposal of evolutions, action plans and recommendations to improve the effectiveness of the Compliance device respecting French, European and extra-territorial regulations (FATCA…)
- Participate in the follow up of the implementation of the corrective action plans and recommendations resulting from the 2nd, 3rd level controls and the Headquarter recommendations
- Participate in the drafting of the Compliance reports for the Branch, the Headquarter and the regulators
- Participate in the transposition of the new regulatory developments into the internal procedures of the Branch
- Participate in training of the teams on compliance issues
- Participate in the surveillance of the regulatory changes
- Minimum 3 years experience in Compliance in a Bank,
- Knowledge of the applicable banking and financial security (AML /CFT, embargoes) regulations,
- Ability to analyze legal documentation and any regulatory documents,
- Knowledge of the KYC procedures,
- Fluent in spoken and written French and English,
- Autonomous, rigorous, reliable and flexible,
- Able to deal discreetly with confidential information,
- Open minded, respectful of cultural differences and of the hierarchy,
- Very good interpersonal and communication skills,
- Valid French working permit.
If you are interested please apply below or contact Tara Scott on +44203 1740449.