Legal Expert Risk Management
3 days left
- 0-25% Travel
My client is a Bank that is headquartered in Beijing and has more than 20 domestic branches. The Paris Branch is its first and only overseas branch. They are looking to hire a Legal Expert to join its Department of Risk Management, reporting directly to the Head of Department of Risk Management.
- Participate in or attend meetings related to business management decisions of branch, and provide professional legal opinions
- Legal review on all kinds of legal documents, including but not limited to the syndication agreement, guarantee contract, loan agreement, Loan commitment letter, security documents, legal opinions, additional agreements, and other legal documents issued of signed by the bank, etc.
- Management of the format contract published by the head office, and to provide guidance for other departments in use
- Provide legal consultations for other departments
- Responsible for the issues related to litigation, arbitration and asset preservation of the bank
- Participate in project inspection, investigation, negotiation, inspection, etc. according to the business needs of the branch office
- Draft the authorization and transfer plan and documents, and reporting to the head office, carry out daily management of the authorization related work
- Provide relevant information to the Head Office according to the actual needs of the countervailing investigations
- Management of lawyers appointed by the Paris Branch, including but not limited to the daily management of perennial legal counsel and special lawyers, coordination and coordination of their work, review of legal documents drafted by lawyers, and supervision and management of their work
- Responsible for the promotion of law and legal training in branches
- Draft and assist in the implementation of the legal work rules and regulations of branch, review or participate in the drafting of other important rules and regulations of branch
- Conduct statistics on legal work, establish legal work files, legal file management, and be responsible for the borrowing and transfer of files
- Submit the work report to the Head Office as required, handle the reply of the official documents and Consultation draft from the Head Office, summarize the legal work of the branch, and provide preliminary legal opinions on the difficult and complicated issues that need to be reported to the head office, and accept the inspection and guidance of legal affairs department of the head office
- Follow closely the updates of French and EU regulations and laws, and to make sure the transposition of such developments into the procedures of the Paris Branch
- Responsible for other legal related work.
- Master’s degree in French law,
- Minimum 3 years experience in legal affairs in a Bank,
- Knowledge of the UK civil and commercial laws, international laws as well as legal affairs for syndication loans ,
- Knowledge of the applicable banking and financial regulations, especially the MFC,
- Knowledge of the French labor law, as well as the French litigation procedures etc.,
- Fluent in spoken and written French and English, Chinese is a plus,
- Valid French working permit.
If you are interested please apply below or contact Jack Cooper on +44203 1740449.
Apply for Legal Expert Risk Management
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly