Audit Support Officer
This is a really important role as the person who does it is responsible for auditing all the documentation submitted by registrants. This can include evidence of completing continuing professional development (CPD), that indemnity insurance information has been submitted and is correct and that all the requirements for registration have been met and correctly recorded.
For this role you have to be an excellent administrator with a strong eye for detail. If something is missing or incorrect, we need you to spot it. You need to be able to organise your workload and prioritise which elements of your role are most important on any particular day.
You will be liaising with colleagues across the directorate and as much of your role involves investigating information and ensuring it is accurate, diplomacy and discretion are very important skills you must have.
Responsible for undertaking regular audits of continuing professional development (CPD) material, Indemnity and the registration application process and supporting random quality sampling across the registration directorate.
- Accurately collate data resulting from audits completed by Registration to provide statistical analysis for inclusion in audit reports.
- Audit registration activities to quality assure accuracy, compliance with procedure and guidance, customer service, decision making and timeliness.
- To produce reports summarising results from these audits for managers and where appropriate, make recommendations for improvement.
- Complete audits to check compliance with the GDC’s Clear Desk and Screen policy and produce reports into the findings.
- Complete audits to check the quality of scanned documentation and produce reports into the findings.
- Work closely with the GDC’s Registration Operations Team to support and administer the annual audit of compliance for CPD and Indemnity and be the first point of contact for registrants relating to CPD/Indemnity audit.
- To complete ad hoc data checks to review the reliability and data integrity of the GDC’s CRM system and online register.
- To complete reports in line with the GDC’s Incident Review policy that examine the causes of serious events and make recommendations as to how these can be avoided in the future.
- Carry out from time to time and as directed, any other reasonable duties as required to support the Registration Operations Teams.
- Proven experience in a support role and of maintaining effective administrative support systems.
- Proven ability to work to high standards of accuracy.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- PC literate, especially with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- A clear commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Demonstrable ability to summarise information for varying audiences both orally and in writing.
- Good planning and organisational skills to complete tasks within agreed timescales and be confident to prioritise work in the face of irregular demands and/or changes in business needs.
- Highly numerate with good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong team working skills.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed with the ability to also work unsupervised
- Committed to equality and diversity in service delivery
In return for your commitment, you can look forward to working for an organisation that offers an attractive package of benefits including a generous pension scheme, flexi-time and 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 5 years’ service).
If this sounds exciting, apply now!