Internal Auditor- Public Sector
Internal Auditor, IIA, CIA, ACCA Part Qualified, Public Sector, Oxford area £34-37000+ bens
Your new company
A public sector organisation in the Oxfordshire area.
Your new role
A diverse internal audit role working in the public sector on a range of financial and operational audits.
- undertake planned audits using a risk-based audit approach.
- assess audit control environments by interviewing, challenging and verifying information obtained.
- draw conclusions, document and report findings, recommend and agree actions with management.
- provide professional and technical audit advice and guidance on financial/non-financial audit and control matters.
- review and advise on policies, procedures, guidance notes and regulations.
- undertake special investigations.
What you'll need to succeed
- relevant audit, risk management and/or corporate governance experience.
- sound understanding of risk based internal audit techniques and methodologies.
- strong analytical skills and an ability to assess risks in financial and operational processes.
- practised in identifying control weaknesses and recommending suitable actions both verbally and in written reports.
- excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- you should be part qualified/qualified IIA/CIA/ACCA or equivalent
What you'll get in return
On offer with this role is a great working environment with a supportive team and culture. The salary on offer is £34-37000 + benefits, including 24 days holiday, flexible working, free parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.