Head of Audit & Compliance
Based just outside of York, this is an exciting opportunity to work for Family Fund the UK’s largest charity providing grants for families raising disabled or seriously ill children and young people. Last year, they provided 88,407 grants or services worth over £33 million to families across the UK and their ambition is to provide 150,000 grants and services to families by 2022.
Family Fund are currently seeking a Head of Audit and Compliance who will be responsible for internal audit and compliance across the Group structure; providing assurance to senior management and trustees that there are efficient policies and procedures in place and that the organisation is complying with all regulatory requirements.
This role will also assist management in the mitigation of Group risk and act as the Group’s Data Protection Officer, supported by external consultancy. The successful candidate will be required to meet with the Chair of the Finance, Audit and Risk Committee and present to them annually. In addition, you will act as Group Company Secretary, responsible for ensuring that the administrative responsibilities set out in company and charity law, and the articles of association are carried out.
Building on the significant work already undertaken, you will also be responsible for:
- Defining and agreeing the scope of work programmes for the monthly information governance audit work, overseeing completion of the work and reporting findings to Management monthly.
- Attending and informing the quarterly information governance steering meetings and ensuring that actions from the feeder forum meetings are completed as agreed, escalating to Directors as required.
- Ensuring the annual information governance audit is completed, and all follow up actions completed, in conjunction with Directors.
- Maintaining the Group Data Protection Policies and associated guidelines to ensure they reflect Data Protection legislation.
- Providing guidance on information governance and data protection.
- Monitoring compliance and effectiveness of Family Fund’s terms and conditions, privacy notices, cookies and consents, taking legal advice where required.
Internal Audit and Risk
- Overseeing the completion of the internal audit work, reporting findings to Management and FARC quarterly, including recommendations, risk assessment and action plans.
- Reporting in to this role will be an Internal Audit Manager and a Data Protection and Compliance Officer.
Candidates will need to possess a thorough knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulations, compliance frameworks and risk management protocols, and have experience of applying that knowledge at a senior level in a compliance/risk management environment.
Candidates will have the ability to assess complex information and be familiar with information technologies and data security, in order to provide support and guidance to colleagues across the Group.
You will have experience in managing professional staff in a similar sized organisation and have evidence of managing cross functional relationships while being able to develop trusted relationships with peers.
With experience of working in a complex environment, you will be exceptionally organised with a high level of attention to detail. You will naturally possess excellent inter-personal skills and an ability to engage with key stakeholders across the organisation.
The successful candidate will be a positive and progressive thinker, committed to continuous improvement and adaptable and resilient to work demands and change.
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) increasing by 1 day every year to maximum of 30 days
- Flexi time
- Free car parking space
- Defined contributory pension scheme of up to 8%.