My client are an insurance specialist based in the heart of the City of London.
Due to an internal move, we are assisting them with the critical hire of a Risk Officer who will report directly into the Chief Risk Officer.
The main purpose of the role will be to develop and ensure the ongoing maintenance of the enterprise risk management framework and it's accompanying policies and procedures. You will ensure that all risks are adequately identified, assessed and appropriately managed with agreed timeframes and risk tolerances.
The role will be largely maintenance of the existing framework, but the business are keen to attract someone who is able to further develop this as new and emerging risks appear. You will work alone and the ability to work autonomously is absolutely critical. You will be self-motivated to problem solve and will be a "solutions focussed" rather than a "problem focussed" individual.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management framework for the organisation
- Assessing risks and controls, including evaluating the control framework and identifying and implementing new controls to mitigate risk.
- Facilitating the identification of emerging risks
- Establishing and co-ordinating an Executive Risk Management Committee
- Monitoring and reporting on the risk profile, key risks, risk metrics and emerging risks.
- Advising and consulting on the risk implications of key business change projects
- Maintaining the company's Business Continuity Plan
The company has a mature risk appetite and the business are highly supportive of the value add aspect of this role. This is an excellent opportunity for a financial services risk professional who is keen to broaden their remit and skill set.
Risk qualifications are advantageous but not essential and the client is happy to sponsor the successful candidate if they would like to study a relevant risk qualification.
For more information, please click to apply.