Audit Manager - Insurance Accounting Advisory IFRS 17 Team
Manager Insurance Accounting Advisory IFRS 17 team Bristol
The Insurance business group at PwC is looking for exceptional performers at Manager level to join the Insurance team. You will have strong knowledge of either non-life or life insurance accounting and be a good all round team player with a proven track record in building and sustaining client relationships. You should be ACA qualified (or equivalent), and have experience of managing finance change programmes or assisting clients with accounting advice and be used to working to tight deadlines and handling pressure.
You’ll be responsible for winning and delivering accounting change programmes ensuring the high quality of our advice and support to our clients. You will also lead and coach your team members, and manage relationships with senior level clients. More broadly, you will also contribute to the running of our business unit, including business and people development.
As a Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Insurance is a fast growing business within a unique assurance division offering a broad range of services, tailored to assist Insurers grow and overcome the complex challenges they face. Our client base varies – Global multinationals, through to private equity backed businesses and start-ups.
You will gain experience across a wide variety of markets and industry sectors including life insurance, retail GI and Property and Casualty insurance.
IFRS 17 is an accounting standard change and one of the biggest the industry has ever seen. At the heart of our team will be industry experts with deep process, control and accounting knowledge. ACA Qualified accountants (or equivalent) will advise our clients on the impact IFRS 17 will have on their business, highlighting the future business requirements and working and leading multi-disciplinary teams to work through the change agenda IFRS 17 poses.
As part of the assurance team you will work primarily on accounting change engagements within the insurance sector that is experiencing unprecedented change through the impact of IFRS 17. Since IFRS 17 is a fairly new accounting standard we recognise limited technical resources readily exist in the IFRS 17 market, and most candidates would not have previously had much exposure. Relevant experience includes insurance accounting, Solvency II or previous experience working on finance transformation projects.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for strong candidates to broaden their experience and rapidly progress within our firm.
The following skills are required for this role:
- ACA or equivalent
- Focused and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential)
- Experience of working with clients in either the FS or more specifically Insurance industries
- A passion for delivering an exceptional client service
- Proven ability in leading audit engagements, including planning, controlling and completing a diverse range of assignments
- Strong analytical and organisational abilities
- Experience in supervising and developing staff
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong client relationships
- Experience of supervising and developing staff through coaching
- Strong project management
- Desirable skills
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards and/or US GAAP would be an advantage
- Strong team-working skills
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Highly developed listening and questioning techniques
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.