Internal Auditors - Global Firm
Our client is leading advisory firm with an expanding internal audit consulting practice.
CK Search Global have been asked to help recruit senior auditors to take responsibility for running audits, and supervising the work of more junior staff.
Senior auditors get involved in a range of audits and projects, and will gain broad experience of delivering audits and related projects across their commercial and not for profit client base.
Opportunities exist in their Bristol, Birmingham, Glasgow ,London and Manchester offices and span both the public and private sectors.
- Conduct audits from planning to final reporting, using experience and judgement to apply the firms internal audit methodology, seeking guidance from managers as required.
- Execute a wide variety of audit tests/ procedures and accurately interpret results, whilst ensuring the work is competently and efficiently performed in accordance with professional standards.
- Apply internal control concepts in a wide variety of settings, develop appropriate testing approaches and assess the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices.
- Understand the financial, operational, and compliance risks which effect activities. Demonstrate the ability to identify and appropriately define those risks, and formulate recommendations which are appropriate, practical and cost-effective.
- Prioritise work so resources are devoted to areas of highest risk in line with the audit needs assessment.
- Consistently document relevant facts and information which support the work performed and conclusions drawn, so other reviewers can follow the auditor's logic in line with the firms internal audit methodology and quality assurance requirements.
- Effectively evaluate audit results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy, and perspective of conclusions against the accumulated audit evidence. Be effective in communicating audit results, both verbally and in writing (will be reviewed by senior members) so they are persuasive, placed in the appropriate context, and understood by the recipient.
- Be proactive in making business decisions, for example, providing solutions for any client challenges.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills by completing assignments within time budgets and calendar schedules while handling multiple tasks.
- Exhibit creativity and innovation in recommending improvements to audit practices and processes.
- Engage in professional development activities, including completion of a professional certification programme.
- Supervise, coach, support and develop junior members of the internal audit team and always share expertise within the team.
- Contribute to, and participate in the growth and development of our team i.e. marketing, networking and business development activities.
- Be a team player – collaborating with colleagues to assist with continuous improvement in everything we do.
- Relevant experience, of which 3 years or more is in internal audit.
- MIIA or CCAB qualified.
- Proficient in MS Office and flow charting software.
- Experience with data analytics software preferable but training will be provided
- Full driving licence and own car is preferable (flexibility to travel on a regular basis locally with potential for wider travel including international assignments).