NHS Governance Manager-12 month FTC
Your new company
An NHS organisation based in the Aylesbury area - with some travel to sites across England.
This is a Maternity cover contract to start in May 2019 for 12 months.
There is the option for some flexible working in this role.
Your new role
- Work with managers and staff to deliver the group's clinical governance and Quality Assurance agenda.
- Develop, manage and deliver systems for clinical governance, and risk management throughout the group.
- To work with all parts of the organisation to support and improve quality standards including ongoing compliance and annual submissions.
- Work with directors and managers to ensure the organisation is compliant with the Care Quality Fundamental Standards" and to coordinate registration and compliance requirements, and support surgeries through inspections and any subsequent action plans.
- Support a culture of continuous quality improvement and assurance across all services, ensuring that quality and governance is owned by all staff.
- Support the Business Development team and contribute to PQQ and bid proposals, reviews and clarifications.
- Assist and review Policies and Procedures relating to Governance.
- Clinical Governance and Risk Management:
- Contribute to the development of a sound clinical governance and risk management framework that fosters a culture and systems of ownership and accountability
- Training and communication
- Organise and facilitate training sessions on governance incident reporting, complaints, CQC & risk assessments.
- Reporting and management of complaints and incidents
- Care Quality Commission (CQC) In all aspects of the QA Development Manager, ensure CQC requirements are considered and included, to maximise compliance and best practice.
What you'll need to succeed
- You need to be happy travelling a few times each month to other sites to do quality reviews mostly day trips)
- Educated to Degree-level or equivalent qualification
- CQC Registration Management
- Chartered Quality Professional Membership or equivalent
- A broad knowledge of primary care services and structures with a commitment to improve health services
- Detailed understanding of clinical governance within the NHS. Understand and translate national directives and agendas into appropriate local strategies and plans.
- Experience of developing and delivering projects.
- Experience of auditing and appreciation of data quality issues. Competent in database creation and utilisation.
- Ability to interpret statistics.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly with respect to negotiation and influencing. A proven ability to influence others to achieve change.
- Written and verbal communication skills including ability to present evidence and study finding to clinical audience.
What you'll get in return
A fixed term contract for 12 months with salary of £30000, some flexible working from home, 25 days holiday, free parking and other benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.