Internal Audit Manager - Major MNC, Germany
Are you excited to be part of a dynamic consumer/leisure business with a passionate culture where you can grow your career long term?
This major multinational consumer/leisure business has a number of market leading brands within the sector and offers a diverse range of products/services to a wide customer base through a variety of channels. It is currently undertaking significant investment plans – particularly with regard to systems, marketing and technology which makes it an interesting time to be joining the business.
The European internal audit team of 35 is split across 4 locations and divided into sub-teams which focus on different areas of the business/functional areas. Audit is well regarded across the business due to it’s pro-active approach to engaging with senior stakeholders. The Global Head of Audit is leading some exciting change programmes including rolling out of an “Agile”/rolling audit methodology so this is an exciting time to be joining the function. This particular team is based in Germany and focuses on their German-speaking markets as well as some specialist business areas across Europe.
Reviews are risk-based and tend to be biased towards operational reviews rather than financial controls. The reviews cover the full scope of the operations of the business, offering exposure to the most senior stakeholders and the opportunity to really learn about this fast-paced and exciting business.
As a result of the internal progression of one of the team, this Senior Audit Manager opportunity has been created reporting to the Regional Head of Audit and includes:
- The planning, execution and reporting of audits
- Providing specialist advice and recommendations to ensure an effective Internal Controls system
- Analysing and monitoring the risk environment within your remit, considering available information as the basis for audit planning and identification of potential ad-hoc audit requirements
- Assessment of the adequacy of 2nd Lines of Defence and adapt your audit approach accordingly
- Developing and maintaining strong relations with the relevant stakeholders and being seen as a go to “ambassador” for the audit function
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Be of degree calibre with a strong academic record and preferably an MBA, Masters or accounting/audit qualification
- Have a minimum of 4-5 years experience in planning and performing risk based internal audits in a complex international environment (either from the internal audit/risk advisory practice of a “Big 4” firm from within the internal audit function of a multinational business)
- Be fluent in both English and German (other languages are helpful)
- Have a strong grasp of the big picture, commercial view and a logical & analytical approach to quickly understand complex situations in a constantly changing and challenging business environment
- Have excellent communication, relationship building and negotiation skills (both written and oral), to manage key stakeholders in an multi-cultural environment
- Have a highly motivated personality with a proactive approach to work, ambitions to move forward and a strong team player who is receptive and open to feedback
- Be willing to travel in Europe for up to 40% of your time
On offer is a cash package of up to €70,000 plus bonus, generous pension, medical insurance and a substantial discount scheme. Please note that you must be eligible to work in Germany without the need for sponsorship to be considered for this opportunity.