External Auditor - Aviation/Airline Experience - 6 month contract
About the role and location:
Be a key member of the audit of a large commercial airline by using your extensive aviation industry experience having audited airlines before. You will deal with the industry-specific audit sections and will be supported by a substantial team.
Reporting to a senior manager on the ground on a day to day basis, you can focus on the task at hand without having to project manage the entire audit.
During the first week you will be given the opportunity to study and become familiar with the e-audit software and KAM audit methodology you will be utilising.
This is a unique opportunity to see a different part of the world, rich in culture and offering a tropical lifestyle that is underappreciated. The diverse culture in the country and the office will allow you the opportunity to form new and interesting relationships within an work environment that is inclusive and collaborative. The KPMG culture in PNG is a proud one that attracts talent from all over the world. Not only will you work hard and with enjoyment, you will do so in a unique location, a once in a lifetime opportunity not to be missed, and the best 6 months you will spend during your audit career. We have multiple testimonials from secondees that request to return to PNG year after year as they found the land of the unexpected to draw them in. Hopefully it will do the same for you during your months here with us.
Qualifications and technical requirements:
- Time and exam qualified accountant - ACA or ACCA or country equivalent professional qualification
- At least 5 years’ current experience in an external financial audit capacity, ideally within a top tier firm
- Strong exposure to Financial Services audit is beneficial.
- Current accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS.
- Language requirements –strong spoken, listening and written English
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
For more information and to apply, please click Apply.