Part Qualified Supervisor - Assurance Competency Centre
The new PwC Competency Centre is one of our key priorities in delivering a best in class proposition as one of the world’s leading professional services firms. Not only will it offer our people the opportunity to work more flexibly and with little travel required, you will be working with a breadth of nationally based clients from small SMEs to large corporations.
With ever changing technology and digital advancements impacting businesses, PwC has to adapt in order to meet our clients’ needs. Our clients are changing how they work – increasingly working remotely and across multiple locations. The Assurance Competency Centre will play an integral part in how we rise to the challenge - allowing us to improve quality, deliver outstanding value to our clients and create a better experience for our people.
A key focus for this new proposition is supporting the PwC Social mobility agenda, and as such we are looking for people who want to make a real difference by being open minded about who we recruit and deploy on audit work. You will be making a big impact in providing professional development to a diverse range of people.
The Supervisor role will play a major part in ensuring the overall quality of work delivered by the Competency Centre. There will be a strong focus on challenging the status quo and developing a team through strong leadership, coaching and mentoring.
As a Supervisor/Senior Associate within the PwC Assurance Competency Centre you will
- Be a coach and mentor to those performing the audit of Cash and PP&E, helping them build core audit and professional skills.
- Review all work performed, in line with technical (both accounting and auditing) requirements and operating procedures.
- Interact directly with clients virtually
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with both clients and front-line delivery teams, to enable high quality delivery.
- Drive continuing innovation in how we deliver the audit in these areas, including identifying opportunities for greater automation.
- Have the chance to give back to community and social welfare projects, using your business skills.
In return, we will help you build distinctive leadership that will enable you to develop professionally in a flexible working environment. You will add value through direct interaction with a large variety of clients, alongside helping to drive the PwC Assurance strategy by shaping a critical element of our delivery model. You will be part of something new, making a big impact to the local community.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for people who have strong technical ability and the skills to lead a team of people from diverse backgrounds. You will have:
- Completed an accountancy qualification up to professional level (minimum requirement of Audit & Assurance and Financial Accounting & Reporting)
- Relevant audit experience in a professional services or industry based role.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements/clients at one time.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and coaching junior members of teams.
- A willingness to further develop their strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- A strong “customer service mindset”
- Strong influencing skills;
- An ability to work under own initiative, and under pressure; and
- A willingness to build relationships with other PwC specialists to better provide a high quality, efficient and robust service.
Diversity in how we recruit is incredibly important to us - this role will be considered on a part-time basis along with flexibility on working hours.
With minimal travel for this role and the offer of flexible working options, alongside a competitive salary there’s never been a better reason to discover a job you love.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in West Yorkshire
- Business / Corporate Auditor Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in West Yorkshire
- External Auditor Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in West Yorkshire
- External Audit Senior Professional Services £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in West Yorkshire