Internal Audit Assistant Managers- Top Advisory Firm – Manchester- Leeds – Liverpool -
Our client is one of the UK’s leading advisory firms with a growing risk practice advising clients in both the public and private sectors.
We work closely with them and have been asked to help recruit assistant managers to manage a portfolio of clients, inputting into the overall audit strategy and plan, scoping audits, briefing staff, supervising audit delivery and conducting first reviews of the work conducted by the audit team.
You will lead some audits/projects, supervising more junior staff, and will gain broad experience of delivering audits and related projects across our commercial and not for profit client base.
Also getting involved in the delivery of consultancy work and projects, taking a lead role where required on on-site work.
- Manage a portfolio of clients, inputting into the overall audit strategy and plan, scoping audits, briefing staff, supervising audit delivery and conducting first reviews of the work conducted by the audit team.
- Getting involved in the delivery of consultancy work and projects, taking a lead role where required on on-site work.
- Conduct more complex audits from planning to final reporting, using experience and judgement to apply the firms internal audit methodology, seeking guidance from more senior members of the team as and when required.
- Execute a wide variety of audit tests/ procedures and accurately interpret results, whilst ensuring the work is competently and efficiently performed in accordance with professional standards.
- Understand the financial, operational, and compliance risks which effect activities. Demonstrate the ability to identify and appropriately define those risks, and formulate recommendations which are appropriate, practical and cost-effective.
- Effectively evaluate audit results, weighing the relevancy, accuracy, and perspective of conclusions against the accumulated audit evidence. Be effective in communicating audit results, both verbally and in writing so they are persuasive, placed in the appropriate context, and understood by the recipient.
- Prioritise workload, and work with other team members to ensure the most effective use of staff resources within the team.
- Be proactive in making business decisions, for example, providing solutions for any client challenges.
- Demonstrate effective time management skills by completing assignments within time budgets and calendar schedules while handling multiple tasks.
- Engage in professional development activities, including completion of Continuing Professional Development in line with the firm and professional body requirements.
- Supervise, coach, support and develop junior members of the internal audit team and always share expertise within the team.
- Contribute to the growth and development of Risk & Advisory Services through participating in marketing, networking and business development activities, guided by more senior members of the team.
- Be a team player – collaborating with colleagues to assist with continuous improvement in everything we do.
- Relevant experience, of which 2 years or more is in internal audit.
- Relevant qualification: ACA, ACCA, CIA, MIA, MIIA or CCAB qualified.
- Proficient in MS Office and flow charting software.
- Experience with data analytics software preferable but training will be provided
- Full driving licence and own car is preferable (flexibility to travel on a regular basis locally with potential for wider travel including international assignments).