Assistant Director, Institutional Research Data Analysis & Reporting
Assistant Director, Institutional Research Data Analysis & Reporting (19001498)
Temple has extensive external reporting activity, including accreditation bodies, rankings/guidebooks and reports for governmental agencies. These submissions require data and involve significant review and verification. The Assistant Director in collaboration with the Director for Data Analysis and Reporting will oversee Temple University's processes for completing, verifying and submitting surveys and other external reports.
The Assistant Director will provide oversight within the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment for data collection, analysis and verification support for responses to external surveys and rankings for the university and will work with the university's Compliance Offices and the schools, colleges and administrative areas to ensure data verification processes are being followed for external survey and report submissions, publications or other reports that rely on institutional data. Responsibilities include: assist with codification of data definitions; analyze survey methodologies; identify sources of data; review internal data collection processes; audit responses to external surveys and reports or publications that utilize institutional data; and monitor survey submission procedures. The assistant director will assist with identification and development of data processes to automate data collection and ensure data integrity. In collaboration with the university Compliance Office and external auditors, will regularly review internal data control processes and provide training and support on internal procedures, policies and best practices. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree in social sciences, statistics, data analytics, information systems, educational research, risk management, accounting, auditing or related field and at least five (5) years of experience in institutional research, internal audits or related field. Experience working with Banner or other student information, client relationship management (CRM) or other / ERP systems. Experience with relational databases, SPSS (or SAS), SQL, and web application programs. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong data management skills including the ability to analyze, manage and audit large data sets.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills along with the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of individuals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently; as well as on teams in a fast paced team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other applications software.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends, if necessary.
- Master's degree in social sciences, statistics, educational research, or related field.
Temple University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University's Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.
Click the Apply button to apply online today.
More searches like this
- Internal Audit Head of Department Secretarial & Administration $200,000 or more jobs in North America
- Other Secretarial & Administration $200,000 or more jobs in North America
- Internal Audit Senior Manager Secretarial & Administration $200,000 or more jobs in North America
- IT Audit Senior Manager Secretarial & Administration $200,000 or more jobs in North America