Assurance Manager - 3496
£48,310 - £54,897 + excellent benefits including outstanding pension scheme
Are you an experienced professional with a background in assurance, risk, quality, safety, audit and security?
Do you have substantial knowledge and industry experience of working with compliance frameworks, driving continuous improvement and the ability to drive cultural change?
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research. We now have an excellent opportunity for an Assurance Manager to join the Assurance Division, where you’ll be managing a small team in the Governance delivery section.
Key accountabilities/responsibilities include:
- Supporting the development and implementation of the Assurance Strategy, operating model and plan that enables continual improvement, development of a proactive culture and aligns with the UKAEA Strategy, standards and legislation.
- Leading the enterprise risk, audit and oversight programmes enabling robust identification, assessment, mitigation and reporting of risks.
- Overseeing Security Policy and Business Continuity Management ensuring organisational resilience.
- Driving the business in the development and promotion of a proactive culture.
Knowledge skills and experience
- Highly qualified safety, quality or risk management professional
- Chartered membership of one or more relevant Professional Organisations e.g. chartered member of Institute of Occupational Safety & Health (CMIOSH).
- Knowledge and experience of quality, security, occupational health & safety and environmental management and relevant areas of civil and criminal law
- Knowledge and experience of managing enterprise risk and audit
For full details on the role, UKAEA and our benefits please download the application pack. (click the 'Apply' button and scroll down to the 'Assurance Manager' listing - job ref: 3496)
- Please note UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interviews.
- The UK Atomic Energy Authority actively promotes equality and values diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role.
- Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.
More searches like this
- Assurance Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Oxfordshire
- Internal Audit Manager Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Oxfordshire
- Quality Assurance Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Oxfordshire
- Risk Management Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Oxfordshire
- Risk Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Oxfordshire