Internal Audit Manager - Travel/Leisure
Would you like to be part of a fast-paced and changing consumer-centred business with a passionate culture and demonstrable career progression both in audit and on into finance?
This major multinational consumer/travel business has a number of market leading brands within the sector and offers a diverse range of products/services to a wide customer base through a variety of channels. It has a “customer obsessed” culture and is undertaking significant investment plans – particularly with regard to systems, marketing and technology which makes it an interesting time to be joining the business. The rapid evolution of customer expectations and buying patterns make this a dynamic and challenging yet fun business to join.
The European internal audit team of 35 is well regarded across the business due to its pro-active approach to engaging with senior stakeholders. They have a new and unusual dynamic “agile” audit methodology with reviews being developed from scratch using a purely risk-based approach and new areas of focus include data analytics and robotic process automation. The work is heavily biased towards operational reviews rather than financial controls assurance and covers the full scope of the wide-ranging operations of the business, offering exposure to the most senior stakeholders and the opportunity to really learn about this fast-paced and exciting business.
Based just North of London (but within 30 mins by train from Kings Cross), this opportunity will take the lead responsibility for the management and development of relationships with key senior stakeholders within the business and exposure right across their European operations. With a naturally curiosity, it is essential that you have your “ear to the ground” for current issues and the commercial considerations of the local business units.
As a result of the progression of one of the team, an opportunity has been created reporting directly to one of the Regional Heads of Audit.
Key responsibilities include:
- Taking the lead responsibility for developing and maintaining strong relations with the relevant stakeholders within business units and being seen as a go to “ambassador” for the audit function
- The planning, execution and high-quality reporting of audits - working as part of a team and/or leading reviews on a rotational basis
- Providing specialist advice and commercially-focussed recommendations to ensure an effective management of key operational and commercial risks
- Analysing and monitoring the risk environment within your remit, considering available information as the basis for audit planning and identification of potential ad-hoc audit requirements
- Assessment of the adequacy of 2nd Lines of Defence and adapt your audit approach accordingly
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Be of degree calibre with a strong academic record and preferably an MBA, Masters or accounting/audit qualification
- Have a minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in planning and performing risk based audits in a complex international environment
- EITHER have a background in the risk service line of a large practice environment OR
- Have a combined back ground in external audit coupled with at least 1-2 years within the internal audit function of a multinational business
- Have native level fluency in English and preferably another European language (especially Dutch, German, Spanish)
- Have a strong grasp of the big picture, commercial view and a logical & analytical approach to quickly understand complex situations in a constantly changing and challenging business environment
- Have excellent communication, relationship building and negotiation skills (both written and oral), to manage key stakeholders in an multi-cultural environment
- Have a highly motivated personality with a proactive approach to work, ambitions to move forward and a strong team player who is receptive and open to feedback
- Be willing to travel in Europe for up to 50% of your time
On offer is salary of up to £60,000 plus bonus (20% - with a strong track record of paying out), generous pension, PMI and a substantial discount scheme. Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK without the need for sponsorship to be considered for this opportunity.