Group Internal Auditor
The position holder will conduct financial, operational and compliance audits on the Compass Group PLC businesses as well as to support Internal Audit in other governance-related activities.
There will be extensive travel, estimated at 75% of the time to the 23 European countries Compass operates in, but can also include countries in Asia, Africa, Middle East and Latin America.
The role offers an excellent opportunity for an experienced and ambitious person to develop their skills and knowledge and pursue a career within Internal Audit and/or within the business.
- Conduct audits either as a lead or part of a small team, with responsibility over the planning activities, audit execution and delivery of the final audit report.
- Appropriately document and maintain working papers and evidence to support the audit findings and recommendations
- Deliver high-quality audit reports with concise, practical recommendations which consider the context in which the business operates
- Assist in organising and coordinating and preparing documentation for the various Group Governance activities, including the Group Major Risk Assessment, Regional Governance Committees and monitoring the Group Key Financial Controls
- Continuously interact and develop strong relationships with Group and Country management teams to promote open and timely communication
- Support other activities completed by the Internal Audit team worldwide, including presentation, management reports, etc.
- Improve the existing Group Internal Audit methodology and audit programs to ensure that they adequately address all the key business risks
Desired Skills and Capabilities
- Ability to lead and to work independently, a self-starter, creative thinker with high professional standards and integrity
- Strong analytical skills, with a strong risk awareness and thorough understanding of processes and controls
- Risk-aware and capable of quickly identifying problems / situations which require attention as well as the business requirements
- Commercially competent and ambitious
- Advanced knowledge of internal controls across the various business cycles e.g. Finance Reporting, Procurement and disbursements, HR and Payroll, Treasury, etc.
- Understanding of international accounting (IFRS) and auditing standards
- Strong communication skills and ability to function effectively in teams, one-on-one situations, and audit presentations
- Excellent writing, presentation and listening skills.
Education and experience:
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CPA / CIA qualification
- Three plus years work experience in a finance or internal audit department of a global organisation and/or in a Big 4 accounting firm
- Excellent PC Skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Data analytics software knowledge (i.e. ACL, IDEA) a plus
- Previous operational experience in manufacturing, inventory, sales and distribution environment of consumer goods (preferred). Hospitality industry experience, a plus
- Fluency in English with excellent communication skills both verbally and writing. A second European language is advantageous but not essential
Compass Group PLC is a world-leading food and support services company whose history can be traced back over 60 years. As a FTSE 100 listed company we generated an annual revenue of £22.5 billion in the year to 30 September 2017, operate in around 50 countries, employ over 550,000 people and serve over 4 billion meals every year. 90 of Fortune 100 companies are our clients.
Millions of people around the world rely on us every day to provide their breakfasts, lunches and dinners and make their lattes and cappuccinos. We serve their sandwiches, vend their drinks and provide their hospitality services.
You'll find us serving customers in offices and factories; schools and universities; hospitals and senior living communities; major sports and cultural venues; and remote mining camps and offshore platforms
We are a people business dedicated to our Great People, Great Service and Great Results.
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Travel & Hospitality £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Chertsey
- Internal Auditor Travel & Hospitality £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Chertsey
- Internal Audit Senior Travel & Hospitality £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Chertsey
- Corporate Governance & GRC Travel & Hospitality £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Chertsey