Senior Internal Auditor
Our client, a highly profitable and successful FTSE 250 business, seeks a Senior Internal Auditor to strengthen its growing corporate audit team.
Reporting to the Group Internal Audit Manager, the Senior Internal Auditor will help in the planning and delivery of a range of risk-based operational and financial audits, working with the business to help highlight areas of potential risk and offer commercially focused recommendations that will help reduce risk and add real value.
Within the business, internal audit is seen as a value-add function; one that partners with the business and helps facilitate change. As a result, this individual will require strong communication and influencing skills, coupled with previous internal audit experience gained within an internal audit department of a large business. Due to the mixed nature of reviews, applicants should hold or be working towards an accounting qualification and possess strong understanding of financial processes and procedures.
Due to the spread of UK operations, this role can be based in the North, Midlands or London, with up to 50% travel expected to other sites as required.
This is a great opportunity for a career driven individual to gain broad exposure to all areas of a FTSE business. Great development and career progression opportunities exist within the department or wider business.
Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Qualified accountant or internal audit qualification - ACA, CA, ACCA, CPA, MIIA, CIA or equivalent
- Internal audit, risk or controls experience gained in a commercial environment (not pure financial services)
- Financial and operational audit experience
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong IT capabilities including Excel
- Knowledge and practical experience of Computer Aided Audit Techniques would be beneficial - ACL, Idea or similar