Risk & Audit Manager
Your new company
A friendly and growing company based in Central Southampton
Your new role
Your role will provide comprehensive risk-focused assurance to the Senior Leadership Team and Audit, Risk & Assurance Committee.
You will hold responsibility for management of Audit programmes and processes as well as the Risk Management area, including the development, maintenance and monitoring of Risk Registers, Risk Polices, Risk and Assurance Frameworks and Risk reporting.
- Assisting the Board, Audit & Risk Committee and Senior Leadership Team to establish and communicate the organisation's risk & audit objectives and direction; and, integrate risk management with the strategy development process.
- Assisting in setting the risk & audit budget;
- Advising on developments and communication of risk management policies, delegations of authority, risk appetite, segregation of duties and risk tolerances/risk limits;
- Developing and maintain the risk control framework to enable identification and assessment of major/ critical risks across core and emerging commercial and operational activities;
- Assisting in developing risk mitigation strategies for the organisation's critical risks and for monitoring these risks; Developing, co-ordinating and maintaining a robust Incident Management process. Establish a "Lessons Learnt" look-back and review process capturing all root causes and process/policy breaches.
- Establish an incident severity indexation for categorising incidents and an escalation procedure for reporting up; Analysing and identifying key risks for all existing and proposed business activity, within a sound risk and audit management framework;
- Designing and conducting annual Risk Control Self-Assessment and/or IT, Governance Risk & Controls audits. Reporting on the audit exceptions
- Tracking and closing out all audit findings timely, providing regular updates on all outstanding audit exceptions;
- Coordinating external audit interaction - managing the responses to audit observations to address control weaknesses identified; and, coordinating the follow up, and closing out, of all audit items;
- Reviewing the effectiveness of processes and controls to mitigate risk and advising the business on new and emerging risks;
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have a background in Operational Risk or Internal Audit over the last 6+ years.
- You will have an outgoing communication style with excellent liaison skills
- You be qualified IIA, IRM,ACCA or equivalent qualification in Audit or Risk
- You will have a can-do and positive approach.
What you'll get in return
On offer with this role a competitive salary and benefits package, a friendly working environment and very low travel requirement,
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.