Senior Audit Managers – Energy, FS, T&M and Consumer Products Sector Teams
CK Search Global is working closely with one of the UK’s largest accountancy and business advisory firms who provide services to ambitious businesses within the UK and worldwide. They are a profitable, dynamic and forward-looking firm with a reputation for quality. Their ambition is to be the leader for exceptional client service.
Few firms offer the same breadth and quality of work, responsibility and experience. Relationships matter and they have a friendly and inclusive culture built around their core values of honesty and integrity; empowerment and personal responsibility; mutual support and respect; and professional and personal client relationships.
Due to substantial work wins they are looking to hire talented Audit Senior Managers for their Financial Services, Natural Resources and Energy, Telecommunications and Media and Consumer Products sector teams in London.
As an Audit Senior Manager you will deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients.
You also provide assistance to Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the wider firm.
On occasion may become involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis.
- Act as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the Partner. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Responsible for the financial management of a portfolio of clients.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients at senior levels, being a principal point of contact throughout the year. Develop a strong commercial understanding of the clients’ businesses.
- Complete assignments within agreed budgets and timescales and identify opportunities for additional billings.
- Ensure assignments are staffed with the appropriate mix of knowledge and skills required.
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Identify and recognise business and sales opportunities with new clients, and inform the Partner as appropriate.
- Support Partners in the development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity.
- Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business.
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate our employees, which includes participating in graduate recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for counselees.
- Will work as part of management team with other Audit Senior Managers within the business group (e.g. resource planning, merit rate meetings and efficiency gains)
- Act as an ambassador of the firm, participates in office marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of service the firm offers.
- Act as a role model for trainees and executives.
- ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Educated up to degree level or CTS.
- Currently working as manager in a reputable audit firm or have been out in industry for a maximum of one year and seeking to return
- Previous experience of managing people.
- Good working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audits, statutory accounts and disclosures.
- Project Management experience.
- Relevant sector experience
- Experience with listed clients
- Experience auditing international groups.