External Audit Senior Manager - Banking and Capital Markets
Deloitte's UK Financial Services Audit and Assurance practice provides a full range of high value external audit services to many of the world's leading financial institutions, including banks, brokers, insurers, investment managers, investment and pension funds, private equity businesses and more.
Our Banking and Capital Markets Group is a dedicated team of 400+ professionals with deep technical accounting and financial reporting and audit skills, and a multi-disciplinary team of specialists advising on a range of topics to the banking and capital markets industry. Our portfolio of clients include some of the largest and most complex businesses that Deloitte work with. They are influential, exciting and at the heart of the UK economy. Given some recent high profile audit wins, we are looking to expand our team by adding high performing and ambitious new individuals. We are currently seeking an external audit Senior Manager to support our fast growing business at an interesting time for the financial services industry and the audit profession.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As a member of our team, reporting to a Director/Partner, you will have responsibility for:
- Taking ownership of the delivery of high quality audit engagements from planning through to reporting;
- Dealing with technical and complex accounting and auditing queries that may shape future precedent and industry practice;
- Managing key audit relationships across Banking and Capital Markets, with a focus on exceptional client service;
- Driving continuous improvement through innovation and transformation, embracing change and challenging the way we do things to develop new ways of working;
- Participating in and responding to feedback from internal and external inspection teams to enhance the execution of quality audits;
- Building relationships across service lines and geographies to deliver market and client focused audit solutions;
- Being responsive to and anticipating clients’ needs, providing strategic and relevant insight;
- Being part of a wider community helping to grow our department and develop our strategy; and
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
In return, you will get new challenges in a dynamic, supportive and fast-growing department at an exciting time in the evolution of the audit industry as we develop the audit of the future. You will have access to market leading training and development tailored to your personal interests and ambitions. We will provide you with the opportunities, skills and knowledge to progress, working with some of the UK’s most influential and headline-making clients and working alongside some of the best people in the sector.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
London with occasional domestic and international travel
This is a permanent opportunity.
This is a full time role
Your professional experience
- ACA/ACCA/ICAS qualification (or equivalent);
- Banking and Capital Markets listed audit experience;
- Thorough knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS;
- PCAOB experience and knowledge of US GAAP reporting is desirable, but not essential;
- Detailed understanding of financial reporting processes and internal controls;
- A commitment to audit quality and demonstrable experience of applying professional scepticism;
- A proven track record in establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with senior clients;
- Strong leadership skills both on engagements and in an office environment;
- Experience of motivating and developing high performing teams;
- An ability to implement solutions to address changes in regulatory requirements and a track record of embracing and delivering change;
- Report writing, presentation and interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communications skills;
- Experience of managing and improving engagement economics;
- An ability to play an active role in the business development process, contributing to tenders and large audit and assurance proposals.
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
An imperative for all at Deloitte, innovation lives in Audit & Assurance as fully as in any other field. From process automation to reframing our team structure, we’re on a constant drive for positive transformation – for our clients and our people. With robots now taking care of routine tasks here, for example, you’re free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, challenging, collaborating and communicating. You won’t be limited by sector experience either; we recognise that your skills and knowledge, wherever you gained them, can have a positive impact anywhere. You’ll work across industries, and with colleagues throughout the firm, to give clients the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Familiesfor the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last three years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 166499
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Business / Corporate Auditor Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- External Audit Manager Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- External Audit Sr Manager Professional Services £100,000 - £149,999 jobs in London (Greater)